Randy Needs a Hug

Podcasts and more!
User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Randy Needs a Hug

Post by bschr682 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:16 am

Well we did this thing. We lamented the poor state of San Fernando pitching and then we kind of just wandered.

contributors: me, Weigand, Lane
Last edited by bschr682 on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3668
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by usnspecialist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

im a podcast whore and have a few days off work so why not.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
niles08
General Manager
Posts: 1435
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by niles08 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am

I would be open to doing this if it was during the day either today or tomorrow. I am central time zone.
Image

User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by bschr682 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 am

I’m not sure what time. If a bunch of people are free during the day by all means go for it. I’m not free from work til evenings though.

User avatar
Lane
PR Director/Historian
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am
Location: Los Angeles
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by Lane » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

i'm always down to talk about how bad randy's team is, so count me in
Stephen Lane
PR Director / Historian / Tech Support
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Image


Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

User avatar
StormZ_23
General Manager
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by StormZ_23 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Possibly, just depends on the day
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2037 - Present)

User avatar
ae37jr
General Manager
Posts: 2182
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:37 pm
Location: Davenport, FL
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by ae37jr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Mitchell Swanson is Jon Reed lite. If that is even possible.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Brooklyn Robins
Image

User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by bschr682 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Well if we do it like the last one I did with randy it would be tomorrow night at 9 pm cst

User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by bschr682 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Looks like this is a go. 9 pm central time tonight

User avatar
Lane
PR Director/Historian
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am
Location: Los Angeles
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by Lane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Image
Stephen Lane
PR Director / Historian / Tech Support
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Image


Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Podcast soon

Post by bschr682 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 pm


User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by bschr682 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:31 am

still processing but there it is. Huzzah!

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3668
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:14 pm

title and description are accurate
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13037
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Ted didn't really change much on his park except to bring in his fence in right field.

Here were his park factors:

AVG - 0.92
AVG (LHB) - 0.93
AVG (RHB) - 0.92
2B - 0.95
3B - 0.8
HR - 0.951
HR (LHB) - 1.1
HR (RHB) - 0.87

So all he did was make Fernando Moreno's HR totals bump.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
bschr682
UMEBA GM
Posts: 6821
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by bschr682 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 pm

I still hated it...

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13037
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Yes....but the comment was that he went pretty much neutral and his pitchers were still great...but he didn't go neutral at all. He just did a gimmick.

CAL's new pitcher's park is arguably much more of a hitter's park now than it was prior just because of the big bump in hits, doubles, and triples. The HR vs. RHP also bumped from .83 to .95. It's still a pitcher's park, but considerably happier for hitters than is used to be.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
Lane
PR Director/Historian
Posts: 4473
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am
Location: Los Angeles
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by Lane » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm

RonCo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Yes....but the comment was that he went pretty much neutral and his pitchers were still great...but he didn't go neutral at all. He just did a gimmick.

CAL's new pitcher's park is arguably much more of a hitter's park now than it was prior just because of the big bump in hits, doubles, and triples. The HR vs. RHP also bumped from .83 to .95. It's still a pitcher's park, but considerably happier for hitters than is used to be.
This is what I thought, but didn't have the numbers to back it up. Ted's teams worked because they could just win 2-0 at home no matter how bad the offense was.
Stephen Lane
PR Director / Historian / Tech Support
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Image


Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3668
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Lane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm
RonCo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Yes....but the comment was that he went pretty much neutral and his pitchers were still great...but he didn't go neutral at all. He just did a gimmick.

CAL's new pitcher's park is arguably much more of a hitter's park now than it was prior just because of the big bump in hits, doubles, and triples. The HR vs. RHP also bumped from .83 to .95. It's still a pitcher's park, but considerably happier for hitters than is used to be.
This is what I thought, but didn't have the numbers to back it up. Ted's teams worked because they could just win 2-0 at home no matter how bad the offense was.
that is what happens when you have some of the best pitching staffs in the history of the BBA (and I do have the numbers to back that up).
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13037
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Trujillo is proof that you can have a complete hole in any rating if you're great everywhere else. He's striking out a ton of hitters, and walks almost no one. His BABIP is also way down right now. So giving up homers makes very little issue in that scenario.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13037
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 672 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Randy Needs a Hug

Post by RonCo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:48 pm

usnspecialist wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:44 pm
Lane wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm
RonCo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:36 pm
Yes....but the comment was that he went pretty much neutral and his pitchers were still great...but he didn't go neutral at all. He just did a gimmick.

CAL's new pitcher's park is arguably much more of a hitter's park now than it was prior just because of the big bump in hits, doubles, and triples. The HR vs. RHP also bumped from .83 to .95. It's still a pitcher's park, but considerably happier for hitters than is used to be.
This is what I thought, but didn't have the numbers to back it up. Ted's teams worked because they could just win 2-0 at home no matter how bad the offense was.
that is what happens when you have some of the best pitching staffs in the history of the BBA (and I do have the numbers to back that up).
That was the thing about Ted's construction. He built (inherited) a pitcher's park, then staffed it with fundamentally great pitching. As noted in the media guide, a lot of guys try to use their park to patch over flaws in their roster construction.
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brewster Broadcasting Network”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest