GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.015 – Nesmith Blast Makes A Memory

Post by RonCo » Wed May 08, 2024 12:40 pm

Off Topic
Kid Turns Eyes On His Way Back to Ogden

March 17, 2059: Catalina Island – Burt Nesmith is not going to break with the team as it heads to the Atoll this year. The 17-year-old first baseman, and last season’s second round draft pick, knew that going in. He hit .249 at R-Ball Ogden last year, with 8 homers. Good enough to make people happy with him, but nowhere near anything that suggests he’s ready for the prime stage of a BBA team.

Prospect Drills Blast
to Remember
“I was excited just to get to come to Catalina,” he said yesterday as the club sent him back to minor league camp. “It was great to be able to swing a bat against some of these guys. I kind of feel like I can make it now, so that’s pretty great.”

What’s great as far as the Krill front office is concerned is that the 6’9” hulking hulk proved his swing can translate. “He had a great camp,” said manager Richard Lawson. Everyone loved watching him hit.” And hit Nesmith did. He finished his spring camp hitting .278 with a couple doubles and a moonshot of a homer that turned heads the moment it left the bat and may still be orbiting the earth now. The blast measured 459 feet.

“I’d say he got all of that one,” commented Forever Land Sports Network’s Misty Morgan. “And when a six-nine guy with power gets all of one, I guess we see what happens.”

Nesmith will return to Ogden this year, though some are suggesting that depending on the Krill’s draft class, he might wind up starting in Port au Prince, the club’s Short-A team. “He’s probably ready,” Lawson said. “So really we’ll be searching to make sure he gets plate appearances more than anything else.”

Nesmith likes the sound of that.

“I like hitting,” he said as he finished packing his bags. “I hope I’ll be back here next year.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”