GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.021 – Mendez Given Grand Welcome

Post by RonCo » Thu May 09, 2024 4:26 pm

Off Topic
Bikini Clubhouse Loose Going Into Season

March 17, 2059: Catalina Island – If one is wondering how the Bikini Krill are feeling going into the season, perhaps one need look no further than how the team reacted to news of a trade. In particular, how, when news came that the Bikini front office had traded for veteran infielder Jose Mendez, certain members of the team jumped into action.

“It was Barkin,” said one anonymous player, who might or might not have been in on the deal. “It was Franciso,” Barkin said with a smile when confronted by media. “To tell the truth,” said Napolean Mellott, scratching the back of his head, “I think they both had a hand in the first idea, but pretty much everyone got behind it.”

Whatever the source of the idea, it was obvious the team bought into it, when Mendez arrived at his locker in the team’s Catalina Island clubhouse to find the entire room silent, and all the guys lined up along the path to his locker. He immediately broke out laughing though as he realized the way to his place had been paved in faux tire treads—a reference to the horrible off-season accident in which a tractor rolled over him, broke his leg, and gave him multiple injuries that for a brief while even threatened his life. That accident cost him the entire season last year.

mendez-tracks.png

The team had placed a greeting card inside that read “Missing You Already, signed, Tractor Tread Tina.”

A moment later, a few of the guys showed up with classic cream pies and gave him a good one right in the face.

“Welcome Home Treadface!” a few called, their voices growing into a chant that the team sang while he cleaned up debris from the pie, then faded into a cheer.

For his part, Mendez was obviously happy.

“I admit I was really anxious coming over here. It’s great when someone wants you, but I didn’t know how the guys were going to treat it. I know Jim (Vineyard, who the Krill traded to Boise in the deal) was looked at as an important part of the team, and I’m even still wondering if I can play at all,” Mendez said after the greeting, obviously a little emotional. “So to have the guys put this together this kind of thing for me…well. Life is good, you know? Life is very, very good.” He wiped a stray remnant of the cream pie from his chin, then put his finger into his mouth with a beaming smile. “And tasty, too.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 59.021 – Mendez Given Grand Welcome

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu May 09, 2024 5:08 pm

This image would make a nice skin for your team in game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Re: 59.021 – Mendez Given Grand Welcome

Post by cheekimonk » Thu May 09, 2024 8:09 pm

Couldn't have landed in a better place! I wound up with just too many utility infielders.
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2834-3334, .459 PCT (6,168 games, 47 seasons)
12 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship, 2 GM of the Year

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”