Sin City Times 2042.10

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2042.10

Post by bschr682 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:44 pm

GM: "Its been a good week folks. 4-2 after all the moving and shaking around the deadline is over. Still in the chase..."

Goldie: "Sorry to interrupt but I think I speak for everyone in asking do you realize the league has a salary cap?"

GM: "Of course I'm aware. 70.2 million"

Soik: "110 million. The cap is 110 not 70.2."

GM: "Yes indeed. The salary cap is indeed 110 million. 70.2 million is the amount of money we have spent so far going into the last 4 weeks of the season. Back of the napkin math says the team can spend another 39.8 million over the course of this next month."

Goldie: "I'm not sure that's how it works. The official salary screen has the team showing 123.9 million. That's 13.9 over the cap isn't it?"

GM: "Well I guess that depends on what the cap is supposed to represent. If we go by the quite archaic method of adding up every player in the organizations year long salary regardless of how much the team is actually going to pay then yes I guess you're right. Do you know what happens when you go over the cap?"

Goldie: "Well actually no. I've never encountered the situation."

GM: "Well let me enlighten you folks. I spent a little time examining the league constitution. For starters let me say that document needs some serious TLC. The leagues constitution specifically says if the cap is violated the team pays a fine. The fine is equal to the amount over the cap divided by the total number of sims in a season and then that is multiplied by 5. I have to make some assumptions here. Total number of sims? Regular season? Playoffs? Offseason? Spring Training? Not specified. Is the fine in millions? Could be how many oranges I have to donate to a local food bank for all I know. Again not specified. Anyone have the answer to that little math problem?"

Soik: "Well if this league calendar holds like last year there should be 41 sims in a season from start to finish. So that's (13.9/41)5. So i guess about 1.7 depending on how you round?"

GM: "Exactly. So take that and multiply it by the 4 weeks left in the season. That's 6.8 million. If its millions of dollars. Again not sure on that part. Maybe its how many goats I need to sacrifice to appease Con Rollins? So even with this theoretical fine our total expenses on the season is below 100 million. So Goldie. Yes I do understand there is a cap but in our current situation, we have spent so little so far this season that even with the fines we will be way under budget. Are you suggesting we shouldn't try to win some games here?"

Goldie: "No not at all. I spose when you put it that way it makes sense."

GM: "Indeed sir. And this of course is all predicated on if the league still wants to continue to do finances at a grade school level. The leagues software has really evolved. Any time I log in I can tell you down to the dollar how much money we have made and how much we have spent. But at any rate, the ball is in the commish's court. For now we are gonna spend every single dollar that we can. Under 110 million of course."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”