WHIV 2056.11- Rasmussen III beats Ross!

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2056.11- Rasmussen III beats Ross!

Post by recte44 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:02 pm

March 18, 1956

Las Vegas opened Spring Training having signed three new starters for their rotation, which left just one spot open. The fifth starter battle was clear. It would either be the wily veteran Martin Ross (a 13 game winner last year), or the perennially disappointing John "Little Johnny" Rasmussen III. Turns out it wasn't much of a battle.

Martin Ross' 4 starts:
ross.png
ross.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 478 times
John Rasmussen III's 4 starts:
rasmussen.png
rasmussen.png (11.71 KiB) Viewed 478 times
So that's a wrap. Rasmussen III holds on, and going into a contract year, he's as motivated as ever. "The old fastball was humming like it used to in that game against the Oysters," Rasmussen III said. "If I can keep it going like that, this is going to be a mighty fun season."

As for Ross, he finds himself in no man's land again. He will be waived/DFA'd and should easily find a new home, something that the club couldn't do via trade because somehow there was a NTC in his last extension. "I guess we snuck that in there and Rectenwald didn't notice," snickered Ross. "This sucks, but I get it. It's about getting it done, and I didn't get it done by any means."

It's another bittersweet parting for the Hustlers and Ross, who (believe it or not) is now in the Top 10 list for career wins as a Hustler.
ross2.png
ross2.png (19.73 KiB) Viewed 478 times

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: WHIV 2056.11- Rasmussen III beats Ross!

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:19 am

Ross pulled one over on the commish. Nice!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”