New Omaha assistant GM accidently over signs free agent class.(2051.2)

GM: Kevin Spencer

Moderator: handaspencer

niles08
Ex-GM

New Omaha assistant GM accidently over signs free agent class.(2051.2)

Post by niles08 » Mon May 23, 2022 12:13 pm

The Omaha front office today for the first time publicly acknowledged the current state of their minor league system. It seemed over the past few weeks that every day there was an announcement of a free agent signing in Omaha. This left some fans and writers wondering, did the minor league roster limits increase when the UMEBA became the GBC? The answer to that is no, but apparently Omaha’s newly signed assistant GM Chris Buckner didn’t get the memo.

Buckner, who is 32 years old, and finally moving out of his parent’s basement, just assumed that minor league rosters had been expanded. The “organizational” limit is still 180 when adding the BBA down through the rookie league team. Omaha currently has 221 players on their organizational roster, putting the team 41 over the limit.

This oversight has not only caused an embarrassment for the team, but has caused players to have equipment issues with some players anonymously stating that they had to reserve a time to use the VR batting helmet when in past seasons, there was enough to not worry about it. Another source said there weren’t enough lockers for the players, with some having to share lockers, wait in line for the shower, and split bags of sunflower seeds.

A rough start for the guy sitting just under Justin Niles in Omaha.

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: New Omaha assistant GM accidently over signs free agent class.(2051.2)

Post by ae37jr » Mon May 23, 2022 12:35 pm

I have a really, really bad habit of this also. I usually have to cut 50 or so before opening day. Rather than that, I put them in short season till that opens "in case of injuries". Like 50 people would actually get hurt.

Even when short season opens I end up cycling 10 or so through dfa each week. But I tell you what. Everytime I trim things up, I get hit with a sim of 6-7 injuries.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”