2059.07: Rummaging Bears - Catchers

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2059.07: Rummaging Bears - Catchers

Post by BaseClogger » Sun May 05, 2024 10:15 pm

3/7/2059

As they rummage a campsite some Bears find picnic baskets while others are shooed away.

Sure-Fire Locks
C Clinton Tyler, C Dale Olds

I'll be running it back in 2059 with what looks like an average catching platoon. In 2058 the two combined for 2.4 WAR. The now 30 year-old Tyler's shown signs of slowing down and I do expect Olds to start getting some playing time against right-handed pitching.

Near Locks
None

This seems like a sign I should be looking to bring in a free agent catcher on a minor league contract in case of injury.

Trying to Break-In
C Augusto Annis

With Ziaul-Haq bin Dhul Fiqar being taken in the rule 5 draft it's the 21 year-old Augusto Annis who now holds the third catcher spot on my 40-man roster. He'll look to build on his .288/.339/.405 2058 campaign at AAA Brooks while also proving he can control the running game.

Breaking in the Back Door
C Manny Trujillo

Somebody had to be the fourth catcher in spring camp and with the depth situation where it is that role went to 23 year-old Manny Trujillo. Trujillo hit .308/.374/.410 last season in AA so clearly the bat is ready for AAA. What is still in need of some development is his defense. The tools aren't great--5 catcher arm, 6 catcher ability--but they should result in a higher positional grade than his current 4 rating. He'll have to once again get a lot of his PAs while DHing since he's got Annis in front of him.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”