2059.04: Bears' Development Lab Follow-Up

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2059.04: Bears' Development Lab Follow-Up

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:59 pm

12/16/2058

Here is a link to my original post about the 10 players initially appearing in the San Fernando Bears’ development lab. Four players completed their 5-6 week training and their results are summarized below. Further down the page I list the four players who will be added to the lab next. This leaves six lab spots on longer-term development and that feels like about the right mix so far close to half and half. It means I’ll ultimately put 18 players thru the lab, 12 of them for the shorter duration. I like the lower difficulty to achieve these shorter training programs focusing on baserunning and fielding. It should allow me to target players with stronger primary skills who lag their peers in secondary skills. I’ll save the ~4-6 long-term spots for my most critical player development initiatives.

Results

2B Takeichi Suzuki achieved outstanding results on his baserunning, although I haven’t seen any rating increases in that department. I’m told he should be much more effective on the bases in 2059. He may return to the lab to focus on defense later in the offseason.

CF Hector Garcia did not succeed in improving his defense per the message in my inbox. This is a shame because his 3 outfield error rating is a real problem and he improved to a 4 rating in the first sim.

C Manny Trujillo was unsuccessful training his defense. He’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way this year.

3B Luis Avila was successful in training his defense at the hot corner, although I didn’t notice any ratings improvements. This is disappointing because I did see his turn double-play improve by a point in the first sim, not that he’s going to be playing middle infield any time soon.

New Additions

I really wanted to train 1B Michael Schultz on his defense at first but the game is only giving me the option to target his defense in the outfield. I could roll the dice introducing him to a new position but won’t that be something other than first base since he played there all season last year? Instead, I’ll have him train his base running basics for 5-6 weeks.

I expect RF Tommy Harrison to be part of my organization for the next decade so might as well invest some time into his secondary skills. He’ll work to improve his base running technique for 5-6 weeks.

3B Jose Perez would be a much more viable starting BBA third basemen with stronger defense (particularly infield error) so he’ll train that aspect of his game for 5-6 weeks.

C Dale Olds lost several runs from his overall WAR due to his base running in 2058. He’ll spend the next 5-6 weeks focusing on base running basics.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: 2059.04: Bears' Development Lab Follow-Up

Post by ae37jr » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:59 pm
12/16/2058

I really wanted to train 1B Michael Schultz on his defense at first but the game is only giving me the option to target his defense in the outfield. I could roll the dice introducing him to a new position but won’t that be something other than first base since he played there all season last year? Instead, I’ll have him train his base running basics for 5-6 weeks.

I'm curious to see if anyone used the "teach new position" option. I'm figuring it's kind of like playing a right fielder in left field during spring training to get his experience up to potential... but who really knows till someone tries it.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:43 pm

It’s driving me crazy that between two PPT initiatives and the options in the dev lab I have no outlet to convert some of Schultz’s 6 LF defense rating into improving his 4 1B rating.

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:43 pm
It’s driving me crazy that between two PPT initiatives and the options in the dev lab I have no outlet to convert some of Schultz’s 6 LF defense rating into improving his 4 1B rating.
If you play him at 1B in spring training he will develop pretty quickly.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Dington wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm
BaseClogger wrote:
He played there the entire 2058 season. He's a 4/4 there. I want to make use of his 8 outfield error and 8 outfield arm.

JRamirez
BBA GM

Post by JRamirez » Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 am

BaseClogger wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm
Dington wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm
BaseClogger wrote:
He played there the entire 2058 season. He's a 4/4 there. I want to make use of his 8 outfield error and 8 outfield arm.
He's probably bored playing firstbase.
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), 2058 offseason
Des Moines Kernels, 2058 Spring training II and onwards

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”