RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.018 – Sacramento Rents a Cleanup Hitter

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:58 am

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Mad Popes Announce Major Acquisition

July 14, 2055

With a roster chockfull of third basemen, Sacramento Mad Pope GM Ron Collins went out and got himself another one. This time in the form of Tsuyoshi Kobayashi, a switch hitting power hitter who comes from the San Fernando franchise.

“I’m very excited to add a bat like Tsuyoshi’s to the lineup. He’s a proven hitter with enough pop to hit the gap as well as drop a few dimes. He’s the kind of guy who can change the dynamic of the entire sqaud simply because it moves everyone down a notch, and let’s folks do what they can do best.” The club expects that he’ll join the club tonight and take up residence in the #4 hole.

San Fernando received current third baseman Ron Ritchie and two prospects in the deal, as well as provided the Mad Popes some salary relief so that the agreement would pass muster with the MMA big-honchos.

The acquisition raised some eyebrows because Kobayashi isn’t known as the brightest lure in the tackle box, nor the easiest player to get along with. He’s also on an expiring contract. Rumors are that he had decided to test the market, and no one is certain he won’t do so now. So there are red flags. But if nothing else the club has a bit of pop in the lineup that they haven’t had for a while.

It also raises questions about roster management steps that might be coming, specifically whether the 20-year-old Juan Vera might be optioned back to AAA. Vera popped onto the scene but has recently faded to a .215//287/.367 slash. The team’s baseball people are wondering if maybe he could use a few more reps in a place where he’s freer to take his lumps.

Fans are beginning to stir a bit (or perhaps it’s just indigestion), because with this acquisition coming on the heals of adding Felix Vidaca, the club is making all the right moves to signal that they are going for the gusto.

“We’re always trying to win the division,” Collins snapped back when asked about his vision. “There’s nothing more important than the Pacific Division Title.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Re: 55.018 – Sacramento Rents a Cleanup Hitter

Post by chicoruiz » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:31 am

Hmmmm… Are Kobayashi’s underwhelming stats vs. LHP just a small-sample thing, or is that consistent throughout his career?
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:48 am

He'll probably platoon for the most part.
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:26 am

Good pickup. I like the return for San Fernando, too.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo

Post by RonCo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:08 am

I probably gave too much, but Kobayashi fits what I think I'm doing, so...
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”