GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

9-News: 45.031 – Surprise! McNeill Joins YS9 Hall

Post by RonCo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Off Topic

”Almost Better Than a Heartland Pennant!” Star Says

June 3, 2045: Yellow Springs – The accolades continued to roll in for Yellow Springs Bench Coach and newly minted Hall of Famer Lucas McNeill as the team held a surprise bash at Utopia Field that ended with him being inducted into the Nine Hall of Fame.

McNeill Stunned by
Surprise Bash
The game had been advertised to start early—6:35 to be precise—but that was a ruse meant to get everyone into their seats and ready for the presentation, which was initiated by Mikki Manning, decked out in a “#31” jersey and a Nine cap worn tilted to one side, her face beaming with mischievous pride, striding to a microphone at first base and sending the crowd into a tizzy when she broke into an acapella version of her latest mega-hit “He’s My Sweet Little Hall of Famer.” When the band broke in at the power break, the quantum vision ran a montage of highlights from McNeill's career and the place got to really rocking.

Fifteen minutes later, owner Bo Jordan presented McNeill with a plaque, and the Quantum vision screen displayed the bust of McNeill that is now housed in the team’s Hall of Fame. “It was only a matter of time,” said Jordan. “And now it’s a matter of history.”

McNeill, usually a stoic kind of guy, was visibly moved when asked for words, and only managed to say “thank you all, I know you’re not going to believe me, but this is almost better than a Heartland title,” before he broke down and Manning led him off the field to a standing ovation.

The club later went on to bash the Nashville Bluebirds by a score of 11-0.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”