YS 24.48 – Missives from Little

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

YS 24.48 – Missives from Little

Post by RonCo » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:16 pm

“Why do I keep getting the same message from Mr, Little every time I open my email client?” new general manager RonCo says one day at a lunch he’s having with Kierra Washington, the team owner’s personal assistant.

She halts, looks at RonCo, and dabs a crumb of her cob salad from the corner of her lip. “Mr. Little is a little strange,” she says. “Have you ever seen Groundhog Day?”

“Bill Murray? Andie McDowell? Punxsutawney Phil?”

“That’s the one.”

“Great flick,” RonCo says. “I always love how he steps into the puddle.”

“Well,” Washington says … then settles into the following little tale.
For John Little, every day is the same. The clock strikes 6:00AM, and the radio plays “I Got You Babe.” The shower gets steamy, the teeth get brushed, and the hair combed back in a precise Pat Riley. On goes the business slacks and penny loafers, the crisp white button down and the red argyle sweater and the black bow tie.

Breakfast is a poached egg on toast, with orange juice and bacon—two strips, not four. Coffee from the silver carafe. White napkin left in place to the left of the plate.

He arrives at the office at 6:55 flat, not a moment earlier nor a moment later.

A check of the finances. Gold all in place. Investments secure.

Then the computer goes on, and he calls up his email program and types:

Personal Message From Owner John Little: New Goals, he writes in the Subject. Dear Ron, Welcome to the Yellow Springs Nine Organization. I trust that our working relationship will be a good one. I would like to take some time to evaluate the outlook of the team. Once that has been completed, I should have seen enough to have some ideas for you to work on. He spaces twice, and then signs the missive: John Little

At this point his administrative assistant points to the clock, which she has strategically reset to read 8:45 PM, and says “My goodness, Mr. Little. It’s getting late. Shouldn’t you be going home?”

John Little then makes some off-hand quip about burning the midnight oil, but gets up and goes home (where another assistant has again reset the clocks), and the process starts all over again.
“Fascinating,” RonCo says, sipping the last of his coffee. “Is all that true?”

“Either it’s true or Little’s a prick who doesn’t want you to forget he’s in charge,” Washington responds, arms crossed. “Which one do you want to believe?”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Ted
Ex-GM

Re: YS 24.48 – Missives from Little

Post by Ted » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Awesome. I've been getting my sim results for december 2023 and being told what's his name is running for congress all year, but I'm not this creative. Love that movie.
Ted Schmidt
Twin Cities Typing Nightmares(2044-present)
California Crusaders (2021-2038)

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: YS 24.48 – Missives from Little

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 am

Good ole Ned Ryerson.. Nice team news!
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”