Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 59.01 | Bluebirds Make History

Post by Dington » Thu May 02, 2024 2:41 pm

Bluebirds Make History

January 1, 2059
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

The Nashville Bluebirds ser a Frick League record by winning 119 regular season games in 2058, besting the previous 116-win mark set by the Yellow Springs Nine in 2044. However, they fell a couple games short in the Monty Brewster Finals, losing to the Charm City Jimmies in six games.

“I couldn’t be more proud of boys,” said GM Chad Nason. “Sure, we came up a bit short of our ultimate goal, but I take that blame. Our left-handed rotation just didn’t matchup very well with the Jimmies righty-dominant lineup. There was obviously a little seller’s remorse when we moved Fleming at the deadline. Would he have made a difference? Possibly. But I have faith in our guys and it didn’t help that Clayton was nursing an injury. Not sure I’d do anything differently, but we’re excited to run it back again this season.”

While the Bluebirds fell short in the end, they will return their entire roster they took with them into October after resigning veteran catcher, Jesús Rodríguez on a three year deal with the final two years being team options. All other players remain under contract, though arbitration numbers are taking a toll and Nashville will have to do some financial gymnastics in order to bring this squad back again in 2060. As for 2059, the team hopes to once again lead the league in runs scored and runs against, among several other categories, while winning another pennant.

“There’s no doubt we are well-equipped to win another Monty,” said Rodríguez. “Sure, I could have retired happily, but there’s still an irk to get one more title. If I was still in Yellow Springs, hell, I would’ve retired years ago. But Nashville gave me that sweet taste of being a champion and I’m itching for more.”

Jesus Rodriguez

The Bluebirds still have enough salary cap space to make an impact signing, but there aren’t many holes to fill, so they might just sit tight and see how the season goes. If an injury happens mid-season, they’ll still have financial flexibility to bring in a capable replacement.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

JRamirez
BBA GM

Re: The Nest | 59.01 | Bluebirds Make History

Post by JRamirez » Thu May 02, 2024 3:34 pm

Good enough. Go Bluebirds!
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), 2058 offseason
Des Moines Kernels, 2058 Spring training II and onwards

Dington