Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Shortstop (2059.4)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Robins Get Their Shortstop (2059.4)

Post by lordtoffee » Thu May 09, 2024 11:45 pm

In what is sure to be an interesting move, the Robins ended up shoring up their shortstop hole by swinging a trade. In exchange for Muneer bin Khairy and 1B Sergio Pinto, the Robins were able to get Marcello Cuestello from Boise. The hope is that he will continue to play well in the middle infield defensively, add much needed veteran presence to a young Robins team, and can help the Robins take the step back on the right track after a frustrating 110 loss season.

Cuestello said in an interview after the Robins finished up a set of workouts "I'm thankful that the Robins front office saw something in me. No bitterness on my part with what happened in Boise, as I enjoyed my time there. Being in Brooklyn and getting to help build them back into a playoff team is going to be a challenge that excites me. Spring Training has gone well, and we have been very competitive. Let's take this momentum north, and I am excited to have our fanbase get to see what I can do."

The Robins have had a great start to the draft, and the young talent is starting to get their chance. While this writer can't promise a worst to first season, things are looking better in Brooklyn.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”