Some way to hire other teams staff for a "promotion"

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
Edward Murphy
Ex-GM

Re: Some way to hire other teams staff for a "promotion"

Post by Edward Murphy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 am

I feel this is not a good ideal. what my happen is musical chairs of staff. Team A, takes staff from Team B then Team B takes staff from Team C then Team C takes staff from Team A.
Edward Murphy

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Some way to hire other teams staff for a "promotion"

Post by JimBob2232 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:52 am

It's a tough one. I see the benefit, but it seems like a logistics nightmare.

Now, I have always wanted a scouting system that works (kinda like a fog of war)....but ootp has always disapointed. Haven't tried with ootp13.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am

recte44 wrote:Help me work this one out....
I love this idea! So much so that I want to help ressurect it from the dead (especially since it fits my motif of trying to think of smart, fun, useful ways to get excess cash out of the system).
Al-Hoot wrote:{post written before the immediately preceding one}

Although I could see allowing teams to buy out a coach's contract from another team, but at a minimum of a 50% premium on his remaining salary years AND the agreement of the owning team.
I don't really like the second part of that statement (since who is going to actually 'allow' a good coach to go?), but LOVE the first part. Maybe a bit tweaked, though, to try and increase the amount of money (and maybe PP?) it would take to 'steal' a coach (both to increase the amount of cash taken out of the system per transaction as well as make it less of a prevalent situation).

How about this for a first cut (first off, before I start, I don't think minor league coaches should be allowed to be poached UNLESS they are destined for the poaching team's ML squad in some fashion - no stealing a AA manager to make him a AAA manager, that is dum)...

1) Any minor league coach can be bought out for 2x (and 10 PP) the remaining monies owed on their current contract to be placed on a ML squad's team in ANY capacity (HC/PC/BC/MA). The easy way to protect against this is to not stockpile great coaches in the minors - if they're good then promote them.

2) Any PC/HC/BC from a ML squad can be bought out for 3x (and 15 PP) the remaining monies owed on their current contracts to be placed on a ML squad's team in ONLY a MA capacity - why would they want to sign as a HC for team A when they were already a HC for team B? To protect against this then promote deserving coaches to managers.

3) NO stealing ML MAs - why would the want to sign as a MA for team A when they were already a MA for team B?

The reason that minor coaches being poached should cost less than a ML instructional coach is because it represents a bigger 'promotion' for the coach himself and should be something they would more desire.

So, if team A hires a PC for 1M for 5 years then it would cost me an absurd 15M to poach him, so newer contracts are more 'protected', but it would only cost me 3M to poach a coach in the last year of his contract to make him my manager.

Oh, btw, the money in question isn't 'reparations' (being funneled to the poached team), but rather a league transaction fee - so that the money actually comes directly out of the system and isn't just distributed to a different portion of it. The 'poached' team gets nothing except an opening in their personell (just like in real life).
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:51 pm

NO
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm

hmmm...i'm gonna have to check the manual...i always thought the coaching staff were pretty much just cosmetic...

Al-Hoot

Post by Al-Hoot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:08 pm

The complete text of my post was not quoted. The part quoted was a "concessionary" portion. The thrust of my post was that I agreed with Joe, who was against the idea of "hiring other team's staff."

My main response is still that recte44 create additional high-quality coaches that those minority of GMs who place emphasis on this part of the game could hire, and those GMs who already had great coaches could not hire.

jcrmoon42
Ex-GM

Post by jcrmoon42 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

felipe wrote:hmmm...i'm gonna have to check the manual...i always thought the coaching staff were pretty much just cosmetic...
Definitely not just cosmetic but the degree of impact they have is unknown...at least to us.

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Bobby_Manc wrote:NO
If I could ask, why do you feel this way? With how I set it up in my post it is actually pretty difficult to poach a coach anyway:

1) Under no circumstance can a ML manager be poached
2) A minor league coach/manager can only be poached IF they are going to the poaching team's ML team
3) A ML coach can only be poached if they are going to be the poaching team's manager

So, essentially, it very realistically simulates real life - the best coaches get opportunities to become ML managers instead of languishing with some team's AAA squad.
Al-Hoot wrote:The complete text of my post was not quoted. The part quoted was a "concessionary" portion. The thrust of my post was that I agreed with Joe, who was against the idea of "hiring other team's staff."
I know, but that was the portion I wanted to quote as it pertained to my idea - wasn't trying to misquote.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 am

recte44 wrote:Right after Hell freezes over.

It is (-9) degrees in eagle river Wisconsin today...
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

kestu
Ex-GM

Post by kestu » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 am

Not a fan of this....too much manual effort - not much of a cash impact and probably minimal 'game' impact as well...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”