Eliminate or reduce career-ending injuries..

Have a suggestion for the league? Bring it up for discussion here.
Al-Hoot

Eliminate or reduce career-ending injuries..

Post by Al-Hoot » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I was just reading the OOTP v13 threads (I just d/l'd it yesterday) and came across one that talks about how to eliminate career-ending injuries, which I might do in my various historic and historic-fiction and random-historic, etc leagues.

Just thought I'd mention the idea here. Not necessarily eliminate, but maybe they can be reduced. Course, I don't now how many have happened in the MBBA except in the three years I have been here.

But obviously there have been some headliners this season. More than one?

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Re: Eliminate or reduce career-ending injuries..

Post by cheekimonk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

I think the key is "headliners." As Matt said, he compared our critical or career-ending injuries to MLB and they were far off. The rate did increase with the implementation of v12, but we were honestly getting off easy in version 11. I remember being devastated if a guy was going to miss more than a month in v11. Anyway, with the increased rate comes an increased number of superstars affected (guys you would read about in League News and not just in someone's team thread) but I don't think it's unbalanced.
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2834-3334, .459 PCT (6,168 games, 47 seasons)
12 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship, 2 GM of the Year

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 pm

I've been around long enough to have seen a few of the career enders. suffered a few myself. But like what was mentioned above we are definitely getting off easy as far as that goes. If anything we are way way way under. Countless prospects in the minors get career enders/alterers and we have oh so few of those.
GM Vancouver Mounties

agrudez
Ex-GM

Post by agrudez » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 am

Semi-related, what about a way to 'pay' for some experimental surgery that has a chance to bring a player back from a CEI and make it merely a 12 month recovery (retroactive to injury date)? For instance, you can pay 5M and 10 PP for a 10% chance to fix a player, 10M and 20 PP for a 20% chance to fix a player, etc. all the way up to 25M and 50 PP for a 50% chance. This 'randomness' is something that has already been implemented in the 'age-inquiry' PP reward so it isn't completely out of left field and the construct presented still leaves this as a strategic decision because it isn't a sure bet to save someone from a CEI (though I'm sure Carolina would've broke the bank for that one guy they lost back in the day). Yet another strategic way to make cash useful.
League Director: Kyle “agrudez” Stever*
*Also serves as chief muckraker
-Ron, 2025 media guide

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Post by Fat Nige » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 pm

No !!!! You pays yer money, yer takes your chance. Let OOTP handle it. There's not excessive CEI's leave things well alone :furious:
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”