Hold My Log - 57.24 - Five, Long, Years for HGH

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 57.24 - Five, Long, Years for HGH

Post by 7teen » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:30 pm

Alot has happened in the Brewster Baseball Association over the last 5 seasons: Charm City won 2 Brewster Titles; Five no-hitters have been thrown; Eleven different players have hit 50 or more homeruns; Alaric Wullenweber has played for 4 different teams..... We could go on and on. A lot of shit has happened in the BBA over the last 5 seasons.

But you know what hadn't happened during that time? A time that spans all the way back to 2052? The answer to that question is Hugh Mangrouthormone had not hit a homerun in the BBA! Yes, that is correct. The man that some once called the most fiercest power hitter they had ever seen had not hit a homerun in the Brewster for nearly 5 seasons. Well, that streak came to an end Tuesday night in Sacramento when the man they call HGH deposited a long fly ball into the rightfield seats that tied the Lumberjacks at 2-2 with the MadPopes in a game the Lumberjacks would eventually win 4-3. But after the game, everyone was talking about HGH.

"It's been a long time" Hugh said after the game. "Honestly, I hadn't realized it had been so long. Almost 5 seasons? Wow. That's crazy. I'm glad they're giving me a chance here in Portland to continue to play and hit homeruns. Hopefully it won't be 5 years until I hit another one" Hugh stated with a laugh that was met by a laugh from reporters.

You'd think HGH would realize it had been a while. Why should he have realized it? Well, he's not exactly played a lot of baseball since then. Sure, he played 2 games last year for Vancouver but that's been the extent of his BBA time since that 2052 season in which he hit 33 big flies for the Mounties. Since that 33 homerun season, he's bounced around GBC and the BBA Minor Leagues where he's hit his fair share of homeruns. Ninety-seven to be exact across the GBC and minors, but none in the BBA.

"It's funny" GM Chris Wilson commented after the game in Sacramento, "I've tried to get HGH to come to Portland for quite some time. I've always been intrigued by his bat. His ability to hit homeruns a long way. But things have never worked out. We finally get him here and he hits a homerun to helps us beat a division rival. I feel we should make a moview about this."

HGH commented that he hoped to not wait 5 years between this homerun and his next. He only had to wait 2 days. Against Valencia on Thursday, HGH went 3-3 with, you guessed it, a homerun. Hugh hit another solo shot in the 4th inning of a 10-5 beating of the Stars in front of the home crowd at the Trail in Multnomah. He was named the player of the game on that night and followed it up the following night with his 3rd homerun of the week. His 2 run homerun in the 5th inning that night broke a scoreless tie and propelled the Lumberjacks to a 3-1 victory.

"I guess it's like riding a bike" HGH said Friday night. "You never really forget how to do it. You just have to do it and all the feels and memory just come flooding back in."

HGH is on a 1 year, $2 million deal for this season with the Lumberjacks. The deal was signed earlier this month.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Hold My Log - 57.24 - Five, Long, Years for HGH

Post by RonCo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Always a fun player.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:30 am

I kind of wish that some perennial last place team had drafted him and let him play everyday for 15 years, maybe even change ballpark dimensions, to see how many homers he'd hit. 800? 900? 1000? The world will never know.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Welcome back, HGH!
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic