2059.23 Jeffrey’s Blog-Quick Spring Thoughts

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2059.23 Jeffrey’s Blog-Quick Spring Thoughts

Post by Krathan » Thu May 09, 2024 4:49 pm

Jeffrey’s.png
Jeffrey here with a few quick thoughts part way through Spring Training.

1. I hope Victor Frazier can hit like this in the regular season. He already plays center field better than just about anybody. In 2057 he also hit 18 bombs. This Spring he’s been RIDICULOUS at the plate. He’s hitting .300 with 5 doubles, 3 home runs, and 13 RBI! Just imagine if he could play at that pace over 160 games! I know, I know, that’s not realistic. But a guy can dream!

2. I am super bummed about Jaquot Natta’s injury. He leads the team with 4 homers in Spring Training and now we don’t get to see him in the big leagues for at least the first chunk of the season. Here’s hoping he heals well, gets off to a great start at Richmond, and forces his way back onto the team soon.

3. I’m getting excited about the idea of Kyuichi Mori being an everyday player. I mean, he’s been an above .300 hitter since he joined us and the guy can fly. If he and Firecracker are getting on base and stealing all the time, that’s going to be a lot of fun to watch.

4. Banger Dan was just kind of ok last year but he has been tearing it up in the Spring so far. If he can go into the season like that he might get back to being a 4 plus WAR player like he was in 57. We all know what he’s capable of. I want to see it this year.

5. I really hope Fuad Demirel picks it up over the next 10 games. He has really struggled this Spring. And that’s after he had a career year last season. I want more of that.

6. I’ve liked a lot of what I’ve seen from our pitching staff too. Fleming looks great so far and Mendoza’s last two outings were really good too. Little Johnny seems to be getting into a groove and two out of three of Mainaky’s starts have been great. Then there’s the fifth spot. We know it won’t be Natta. I’m guessing it’s probably Dude Clark after the way he pitched last year but maybe Andres Gonzales pitches lights out like he did in 57 and takes that spot back.

7. I’m curious to see which guys stick in the bullpen with Chavez and Thompson.. I’m guessing Camarco will bounce back from his terrible start to the Spring and be there. The guy I’m most curious about is Ron Christian. Are they going to let him join the big league bullpen or send him back to Richmond to decide whether to try to start him again or use him in relief. We should know soon.

That’s it for now. I’ll be back soon.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”