2039 Draft Chatter

Discuss the Brewster Baseball Association here!
User avatar
indiansfan
General Manager
Posts: 2696
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by indiansfan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Looks like Madison grabbed the sleeper I was hoping to get to me.
Kevin

Image
Calgary Pioneers 2004- Present
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 2021
FL Champs 2018, 2021
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 2019, 2021, 2034
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 2026-29, 2031-32, 2035
FL MOY 2019, 2034

Email: khdickson5@gmail.com

User avatar
aaronweiner
Vice Commissioner
Posts: 9434
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by aaronweiner » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 pm

That guy should not have been a sleeper. I was considering him at #31.

User avatar
ae37jr
General Manager
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:37 pm
Location: Davenport, FL
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by ae37jr » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm

indiansfan wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm
Looks like Madison grabbed the sleeper I was hoping to get to me.
Yes that is a good pick. He's got low stamina but he is the best kind of low stamina. Low k, low bb. Kinda like Greg Maddux. 75 pitches should get him into the 7th, 8th.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Brooklyn Robins
Image

User avatar
JimBob2232
General Manager
Posts: 2927
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by JimBob2232 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Pretty happy with acostas there. Good middle IF with some bat and speed.
Check out sureveymonkey for my trade block (Last updated 12/7/2018)

User avatar
Rubaboo
General Manager
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by Rubaboo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Oof, rough run of picks there shot my draft list all to hell.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

JL Champs - 2027
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038

Beirut Green Knights - UMEBA

BANC Champs - 2037

User avatar
udlb58
General Manager
Posts: 3545
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by udlb58 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Rubaboo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:43 pm
Oof, rough run of picks there shot my draft list all to hell.
Ditto. 48-56 took 8 of the top 10 on my list. Was hoping that wouldn't be the case in the 2nd round. Still a handful of guys I'm hoping will fall to 73/74.

I like the Bell pick. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me he was a league average 3B for 5-7 years. Costello is definitely someone I considered in the Supp 1st, but just could't pull the trigger.
Image
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

User avatar
crobillard
General Manager
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by crobillard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:46 am

I wanted Menzies bad so I think I drafted him a round early but I wanted t make sure I locked him down. If he can bump his bat in a couple areas he’ll be a beast. Otherwise he’ll be an amazing utility player.
Image

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3731
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 am

JimBob2232 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm
Pretty happy with acostas there. Good middle IF with some bat and speed.
I considered him with my 2nd pick in round 1.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
jleddy
General Manager
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 5:46 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Has thanked: 986 times
Been thanked: 253 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by jleddy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:58 am

crobillard wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:46 am
I wanted Menzies bad so I think I drafted him a round early but I wanted t make sure I locked him down. If he can bump his bat in a couple areas he’ll be a beast. Otherwise he’ll be an amazing utility player.
👍

Sometimes you gotta reach if you want your guy...no shame if you're convinced.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

User avatar
aaronweiner
Vice Commissioner
Posts: 9434
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:38 am

usnspecialist wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 am
JimBob2232 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm
Pretty happy with acostas there. Good middle IF with some bat and speed.
I considered him with my 2nd pick in round 1.
One of my last cuts.

User avatar
indiansfan
General Manager
Posts: 2696
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by indiansfan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 am

crobillard wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:46 am
I wanted Menzies bad so I think I drafted him a round early but I wanted t make sure I locked him down. If he can bump his bat in a couple areas he’ll be a beast. Otherwise he’ll be an amazing utility player.
I was going to take him in the supplemental if he was still around so I think you picked him in the right place. A SS with a 6 contact is better than many in this league. Or keep him in CF.
Kevin

Image
Calgary Pioneers 2004- Present
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 2021
FL Champs 2018, 2021
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 2019, 2021, 2034
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 2026-29, 2031-32, 2035
FL MOY 2019, 2034

Email: khdickson5@gmail.com

User avatar
crobillard
General Manager
Posts: 2228
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by crobillard » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 am

indiansfan wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 am
crobillard wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:46 am
I wanted Menzies bad so I think I drafted him a round early but I wanted t make sure I locked him down. If he can bump his bat in a couple areas he’ll be a beast. Otherwise he’ll be an amazing utility player.
I was going to take him in the supplemental if he was still around so I think you picked him in the right place. A SS with a 6 contact is better than many in this league. Or keep him in CF.
That’s what I like about him. Very versatile and won’t totally disappoint me with his bat. Definitely a bottom of the lineup guy, but he can fill in just about anywhere. Excited to have him.
Image

User avatar
udlb58
General Manager
Posts: 3545
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by udlb58 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:25 am

Damn. Keil is going to be an amazing reliever if he signs.
Image
Greenville Moonshiners/Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: 2026-Present
Jacksonville Hurricanes GM: (1251-1018); 2029, 2031, 2034-38 Div. Champions
Paris Patriots GM: 2025 (79-83)

User avatar
shoeless.db
UMEBA GM
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 315 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by shoeless.db » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:43 am

udlb58 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:25 am
Damn. Keil is going to be an amazing reliever if he signs.
Agreed. He may even be able to provide some platoon depth in the field also.

My draft list is dwindling fast ...
California Crusaders
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour. -- db "Shoeless" Olmsted

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3731
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:19 am

I am really excited to get keil. Was toying with the idea of SP converting him but I think I will hold off on that.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
recte44
Commissioner
Posts: 29202
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:14 pm
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 269 times
Contact:

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by recte44 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm

usnspecialist wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:19 am
I am really excited to get keil. Was toying with the idea of SP converting him but I think I will hold off on that.
I was going to take him and potentially do a SP conversion, but he's only throwing 86-88 mph as it is, so I passed.
Matt Rectenwald
Commissioner, GM: Nashville Bluebirds

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3731
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 192 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:49 pm

recte44 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm
usnspecialist wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:19 am
I am really excited to get keil. Was toying with the idea of SP converting him but I think I will hold off on that.
I was going to take him and potentially do a SP conversion, but he's only throwing 86-88 mph as it is, so I passed.
The tricky thing for me is that I have no idea what really makes a good conversion (probably because we have had so few of them). I might let him work his way up thru the minors and (hopefully) build some velocity.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
724-573

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36

Image

User avatar
aaronweiner
Vice Commissioner
Posts: 9434
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:58 pm

If you had told me I'd get a player like Sergio Valentin with my second rounder I might have openly mocked you.

User avatar
Rubaboo
General Manager
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by Rubaboo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Walls was definitely a reach at 70 but with 45 picks until my next one and the state of the remaining available pitchers I didn't expect he'd still be there at 115.
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

JL Champs - 2027
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038

Beirut Green Knights - UMEBA

BANC Champs - 2037

User avatar
shoeless.db
UMEBA GM
Posts: 496
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm
Has thanked: 315 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: 2039 Draft Chatter

Post by shoeless.db » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:42 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:58 pm
If you had told me I'd get a player like Sergio Valentin with my second rounder I might have openly mocked you.
It was a tough decision for me between Valentin and Kramer. In the end, I went with the more athletic and defensively gifted Kramer over the more offensive Valentin. I think they'll both do well.
California Crusaders
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour. -- db "Shoeless" Olmsted

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Chatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests