Morning Wood - 59.36 - 60% of the Time it Works Everytime

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Morning Wood - 59.36 - 60% of the Time it Works Everytime

Post by 7teen » Sun May 26, 2024 8:12 am

As reported last week, the Portland Lumberjacks unveiled a new tradition in the bottom of the 8th inning titled "Rally Mounds". As stated, it would be a video montage of Portland assistant general manager Sandy Mounds firing up the crowd for a Portland victory. Last night, the Lumberjacks debuted this new tradition at their first home game since it was mentioned, and well, the results were something.

"It was a wild scene" said one fan at the game. "There was a light show with the stadium lights, some crazy club music thumping on the public address speakers, and then the video... I think the video is what did it."

"I think some people were concerned it would be distasteful and not suitable for children, due to Sandy's, you know, looks and background" commented another fan. "But it was anything but and it fired us up. I think it rattled Omaha tonight."

The video was nothing more than Mounds in a Lumberjacks tank top waving a rally towel yelling "Let's Go", "Let's Get Louder", and "Give it to Me"! Ok, the third one may have crossed the line and did appear to get some fans more amped up than others.

In Sunday's debut, Portland trailed Omaha 5-2 heading to the rally inning. Portland promptly started the 8th inning off with a walk, double, and a single and the score was 5-4 and Portland had the tying run at 1st with no outs. But a ground out and a pair of flyouts squandered the rally.

"Maybe we got too jazzed, too fast" said one fan while leaving the game.

When Gaajlimitz drew a 1-out walk in the 9th inning, fans excitement elevated again but 4 pitches later a Daniel Frampton ground ball led to a game ending double play and the comeback didn't happen.

"It definitely gave us a boost, hearing the crowd" said Gaajlimitz after the game. "Sometimes when you're down like we were tonight and the crowd gets amped like that, it does give you a little extra something to try and get a win for them. I have a feeling we'll get plenty of wins, and some from behind, thanks to the fans' support late."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50