Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 59.08 | Poor Roger Kidd

Post by Dington » Fri May 24, 2024 6:07 pm

Poor Roger Kidd

April 30, 2059
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

Roger Kidd, once hailed as a rising star in the Nashville Bluebirds organization, now finds himself at a career crossroads following a tumultuous 2058 season. After capturing the Silk award in 2056, expectations were high for Kidd's continued success. However, a sharp decline in performance has cast doubt on his future in the BBA.

Kidd performed admirably for the Bluebirds his first three seasons, then he burst onto the scene in 2056 with stellar numbers, boasting a .283 batting average, .354 on-base percentage, and a whopping .586 slugging percentage, culminating in a league-leading OPS of .940. The campaign earned him a controversial Silk award in one of the weakest Silk-winning seasons of all-time with 3.9 WAR.

2057 was another stellar year for Kidd, slashing .283/.345/.566, but his 3.2 WAR was no longer among the top Silk candidates, though still respectable by league standards. Kidd managed to maintain a consistent level of play, suggesting that he was poised to remain a key player for the Bluebirds.

The 2058 season, however, painted a starkly different picture. Kidd's statistics took a nosedive across the board, with his batting average plummeting to .204 and his on-base percentage and slugging percentage following suit. This significant decline in performance culminated in a negative WAR, indicating that Kidd's contributions actually detracted from the team's success and he was eventually sent to AAA to see if he could figure it out with the Orlando Oranges. He was left off the playoff roster.

As a result, the Nashville Bluebirds, faced with the decision of whether to offer arbitration to Kidd, ultimately chose not to extend the offer. The decision marks a significant turning point in Kidd's career, as he now faces the possibility of exploring opportunities with other BBA teams or even contemplating a tour in the GBC.

Despite the disappointment of the 2058 season, Kidd remains optimistic about his future in the sport. "Baseball is a game of highs and lows," he remarked in a recent interview. "While this past season didn't go as planned, I'm determined to bounce back stronger and prove my worth to whichever team gives me the chance."

RF Roger Kidd

Kidd and his agent stood by the phone for months waiting for a call. Finally, as spring training had already started, San Fernando came calling, but not with a major league contract. Still, Kidd took the minor league deal with a major league option and was eager to prove himself in spring training, which he did, posting a 1.019 OPS. Nonetheless, the Bears decided to go another direction and waived the former Silk winner. Kidd found himself abandoned again like a puppy at the pound. At least this might give him another shot at free agency and maybe head overseas for another opportunity. Then the worst case scenario happened – Bikini Krill claimed Kidd. His wish to play overseas was granted, but with a caveat. He would be left to rot and never win a Monty again.

Will he stage a comeback and reclaim his status as a formidable force in the league, or will he fade into obscurity as a cautionary tale of unfulfilled potential? Only time will tell.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: The Nest | 59.08 | Poor Roger Kidd

Post by Jwalk100 » Fri May 24, 2024 11:47 pm

Looks like as long as he only faces righties he is usable.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dington

Post by Dington » Sat May 25, 2024 12:01 am

Jwalk100 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:47 pm
Looks like as long as he only faces righties he is usable.
That’s all he really did for me. I’m sure a big league club could use him now.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
Kuwait City GM 2042-43

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Sat May 25, 2024 8:39 am

He can only DH. There’s an infinite supply of LHH DHs, no need to take a chance on one who had a sub .600 OPS last time he played regularly.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Dington

Post by Dington » Sat May 25, 2024 9:59 am

BaseClogger wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 8:39 am
He can only DH. There’s an infinite supply of LHH DHs, no need to take a chance on one who had a sub .600 OPS last time he played regularly.
Unless that was an outlier and he goes back to his .900 OPS seasons.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
Kuwait City GM 2042-43

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”