2059.37 Jeffrey’s Blog Week 6

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2059.37 Jeffrey’s Blog Week 6

Post by Krathan » Fri May 24, 2024 12:11 am

Jeffrey’s.png
Hey, It’s Jeffrey. This post is going to be a little different. Sorry about that. I got a little sick after the last Rockville game and decided to head home for a few days. I was at Sunday’s game at home against Atlantic City but I’ll have to catch Charm City and Brooklyn in the second half of the season. I’ll talk a little about the games I missed, but it will be more big picture since I basically just checked out the box scores and game stories.

Charm City series. Looks likeFleming was great in the opener. Big win. 13-4 Flyers. The Jimmies handed Little Johnny his first loss in game 2 with a 5-0 win. Then Natta was solid on the mound and good at the plate but the Flyers left too many men on base and Charm City won the series with a 4-3 final in the finale.

Brooklyn series. Natta had a homer and a couple other hits as the Flyers rolled over the Robins 8-1. Then Brooklyn walked it off against Chavez for a 4-3 win in game 2. The Flyers blew another lead in the final game of the series and lost 3-2. Now they’re just 2-4 against a team tied for the worst record in the BBA. Not great.

5/11/59: I was finally back at the ballpark and the Flyers gave me something to cheer about. Yoshikawa destroyed a baseball in the 1st and put the Flyers ahead early. Little Johnny had some trouble again, giving up 4 runs through the first 3, but he settled in and the offense came back. Menzies looked like his younger self legging out a triple in the 5th to get one of the runs back. Then Lawrence Stewart hit a hard ground ball past short to drive in the tying run in the 6th. Flyers held on for a 6-4 win. It was a fantastic game.

I’m feeling better and should be able to make it to Family Dollar Field the rest of this week as I get ready to head out on the road to the Frontier division next week.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”