2045, UMEBA Awards Voting Chatter

hetz23
Ex-GM

Re: 2045, UMEBA Awards Voting Chatter

Post by hetz23 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 am

Looks like a DH may win position player of the year in Mario Guerrer from Manama. How do people feel about that? I feel like when you get over 6+WAR from a DH role that type of offensive production transcends the idea that a baseball player is meant to also play the field.

I'm also surprised that it looks like Zuniga will take the Burt League Pitcher of the Year. Teammate "Karto" won the pitching triple crown...

In the Bancroft voting it is interesting to see GM's recognizing the on base skills and speed of Eida over the impact bat of Best.

jgg614
Ex-GM

Post by jgg614 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:19 am

hetz23 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 am
Looks like a DH may win position player of the year in Mario Guerrer from Manama. How do people feel about that? I feel like when you get over 6+WAR from a DH role that type of offensive production transcends the idea that a baseball player is meant to also play the field.

I'm also surprised that it looks like Zuniga will take the Burt League Pitcher of the Year. Teammate "Karto" won the pitching triple crown...

In the Bancroft voting it is interesting to see GM's recognizing the on base skills and speed of Eida over the impact bat of Best.
Koka WAR wise is not far off of Guerrer but Guerrer was just soooo good.

"Karto" was hurt by his walk percentage. Almost 4% higher than Zuniga.

Eida having an almost 1/2 K/BB ratio is insane...

BrianH
Ex-GM

Post by BrianH » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:09 pm

That's what happens when the game lists the DH by the Position they played coming up thru the minors. Most GM's voting probably strictly look at the number/production and not the innings in the field.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “GBC Chatter”