TVT 2045.5 - Lando Klomp Trade

GM: Aaron Wharram

Moderator: Knucklehead254

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

TVT 2045.5 - Lando Klomp Trade

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:07 pm

The Mounties still seem to be active on the trade market. However, it's not in the way fans particularly enjoy. Instead of the Mounties making trades to improve their team for a playoff run, the team is making trades to improve their future. They already made a big trade that sent Angel Gonzalez to San Fernando. Who could be next? Maybe Fernando Castillo? Alejandro Ortiz? They may be on the trade block, but they will have larger price tags compared to other players on the roster. One player that had been rumored to be on the trade block was Lando Klomp. Well, he was just traded.

Klomp was actually brought to the Mounties organization by trade back in 2040. So, Klomp has been in Vancouver for a long time now. However, given that he is on the last year of his cheap contract and the Mounties aren't going anywhere any time soon, it's likely Klomp would rather test free agency than re-sign with the Mounties. This makes sense since GM Taylor Bettencourt gave him a contract extension well under market value back in 2040. Klomp will be looking to gain as much money as possible. Which team decided to take the gamble on Klomp? That team is the Edmonton Jackrabbits. Who did the Mounties receive in return?

Well, in addition to Klomp, the Mounties sent Semer Hakimi to the Jackrabbits. This isn't too much of a loss considering Hakimi's poor reputation. In return, the Mounties received 3 players. The first player is Tom Ramey, a right handed relief pitcher. At best, Ramey projects to be a middle reliever. Nothing too special, but it's always nice to develop your relievers rather than scouring the market every year for scraps. Next, the team received left handed starting pitcher Pedro Huerta. There is actually another Pedro Huerta on the Jackrabbits roster that made Mounties fans go crazy because they thought they pulled the trade of the year. But, Edmonton clearly didn't let that happen. Anyway, Huerta is a left handed pitcher, so that's already a plus. He had a bit of down year, but he's only 20 years old. He still has time. Worst case scenario he turns into a reliever. Finally, the Mounties received third baseman Francisco Peralta. The Mounties are lacking in third base prospects, so it's nice to at least add someone to the mix. Interestingly, Peralta has the ability to adequately handle the right field position as well.

While none of these prospects really stand out, it's important to note that Klomp likely would not have re-signed, especially at the rate he has been on for the past 4 seasons. It's great that the Mounties were able to add to their ever-growing farm system. We wish Klomp the best.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: TVT 2045.5 - Lando Klomp Trade

Post by aaronweiner » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:19 pm

Sometimes I just bite my tongue and move on with my day, especially since Klomp wasn't listed on your trade block and you retained 100% of Klomp's salary.

I don't think this is one of those times; I'll just let you infer what I think of this move.

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Post by StormZ_23 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:16 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Sometimes I just bite my tongue and move on with my day, especially since Klomp wasn't listed on your trade block and you retained 100% of Klomp's salary.

I don't think this is one of those times; I'll just let you infer what I think of this move.
I'm going to assume you're not a fan lol. He actually was on the trade block, I didn't get much interest though.
Taylor Bettencourt

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Post by aaronweiner » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 am

Well, at least he didn't sign for four years at less money than he was making. That would be awfully embarrassing.

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Post by StormZ_23 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 pm

aaronweiner wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:27 am
Well, at least he didn't sign for four years at less money than he was making. That would be awfully embarrassing.
That would be embarrassing, but he wouldn’t sign with me anyway. He wouldn’t negotiate. Nice for Edmonton though, I’m surprised Klomp made the same mistake as when I re-signed him.
Taylor Bettencourt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Vancouver Mounties”