Makeover Monday - #8 Seattle Storm

Beat articles, power rankings, statistical analysis, etc. goes here.
CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Makeover Monday - #8 Seattle Storm

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun May 31, 2020 10:29 pm

Welcome to week 8 of Makeover Mondays. For this makeover, we tackle the Seattle Storm. Seattle has always held a special place in my sports heart, more about that later.

Founded in 1973 as an original franchise of the BBA, the franchise has 5700 wins, good for 9th all-time. They have 15 division titles, made the playoffs 22 times, and have had 2 Landis appearances, winning none. They have had 8 GMs in their history, their current one (Nathan) being the longest tenured at 31 seasons. They've finished above .500 in 7 out of the last 10 seasons, but only making the playoffs 3 times in that span. Not good. You know what else isn't good, you guessed it!!!

Let’s take a look at the old one.

Purple, purple, purple, boy I sure do love purple. I'm wondering if that was the thought process around this design. The logo is (purple) and black with a mountain profile made from a purple lightning bolt. The word storm is spelt out in team font underneath.

For those of you playing along at home, I'll Explain the rules again...

The Makeover had to meet these 3 criteria.
  • First, incorporate something into the new logo that has a baseball theme.
  • Second, use the teams existing color / uniform palette w/in the new look when at all possible.
  • Third, try to maintain a connection to the team’s history.
My design style is pretty simple. If the logo looks good in black and white, you have a good logo. Second, I’m a big believer in less is more when it comes to colors for unis and logos. Some of my favorite sports logos have this look. (I’ll leave my two fav sports teams off) - <wink>. If you look at the Raiders, Packers, and Colts in the NFL, each has two colors or 3 colors in their primary designs. The Yankees, Dodgers, and yes, even the Red Menace themselves, the St. Louis Cardinals. All have what I consider a classic logos / color scheme. I could go on, but just note, I am a card-carrying member of Uni-Watch 😉 and could talk about this for hours.

Any-who, with-out further ado… your 2042 Seattle Storm

With the Makeover Monday version of the Storm, is my homage to my once favorite NBA team. the Seattle Supersonics, before they broke my heart and were no-more. My feature, my rules ;).

The new logo now incorporates the colors of that team, and the city of Seattle skyline in the logo. The entire design sites on-top of a yellow baseball, paired by two yellow "Seattle Storm" bolts on either side.

Now on to their Hats & Uniforms

Hats: -- They had one hat listed in the game. White, with a purple bill and the Storm logo on the brim. Brought to you by New Era!

Old Hats:

New:

Their updated home/road hat green with a yellow bill, similar of that of the Oakland A's of that fictional league. The brim of the hat contains the new "Storm Bolt" that was displayed on the new logo.

Uniforms: - Seattle had the one uniform in game, used for both home and away.

Old Home / Away :

All I can say now is just Purple, purple, purple, as I curl up under my desk in the fetal position..... Brought to you by Nike!

New Home:

Changed the look to be be old school 1980s ChiSOX style. They now have a new white home uniform, with the Storm name in team font across the chest. The same stripe style are duplicated on the jersey sleeves. The left path is the teams new logo design. They will now wear a green undershirt, along with a green collar.

New Away Uni:

Seattle's new away uniforms are green with thin yellow piping on the chest and sleeves. The teams name is spelled out across the chest in the new team font, in yellow outlined in white. On the left sleeve is the teams redesigned logo.

Hats will be available soon in the BBA Shop

Enjoy!

Up Next Valencia!

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Makeover Monday - #8 Seattle Storm

Post by Jwalk100 » Sun May 31, 2020 10:33 pm

Nice. Looks like the old Seattle SuperSonics.
ImageImageImageImageImage

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun May 31, 2020 10:55 pm

Jwalk100 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:33 pm
Nice. Looks like the old Seattle SuperSonics.
Exactly!!! ;)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:00 am

Convert to purple and black and if I were Nathan I'd be thinking. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bcslouck
BBA GM

Post by bcslouck » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:13 am

Big fan of the homage to the Supersonics.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

FuzzyRawley
Ex-GM

Post by FuzzyRawley » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Yep, add me to sonics-loving.
:cool: They say it don't be like it is, but it do!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “League Features”