The Lair Report: 2039.05 --- New GM, new team, new name!

GM: Joe Faulstick

Moderator: Joby21

allenciox
Ex-GM

The Lair Report: 2039.05 --- New GM, new team, new name!

Post by allenciox » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Image So here I am... new GM to UMEBA's Bucharest team. I show apology to begin with as I no speak too good English. Why these "boards" need to be in English, rather than, say Russian (or even better, Romanian) I no know. So Bucharest GM is like ping-pong ball; we keep wearing one out it gets hit so hard... and bring in new one so often.

I tell you lots of changes here. Biggest change is new name: Nobody in West even hear of Balauri; mighty evil dragons of old. And you not know that Balaur is insult in me country ---- it like calling someone "monster" --- nobody call me Balaur and live to tell tale.

But they do hear tell of one of most famous residents of our city: Vlad the Impaler (Vlad Țepeș in me tongue), also known as Vlad Drăculea , inspiration to Brad Stoker as leader of all vampires ... and a national hero of Romania. To honor him, we rename team to Bucharest Impalers: we hope impale victims with our bats.

Other news:

1. Most tragic news first: 23-year old ace of pitching staff Xavier Marot mysteriously walk out of preseason camp yesterday... not til morning know that he plan to be professional golfer. Golfer? Who be golfer when can be most famous baseball player in Romanian history? Is indeed mystery... I think Mumbai Ratss got to him because they so afraid of us (me know... they call Stars, but you see when rearrange letters they become!)

2. Rebuilding team from ground up: we add following free agents (me notice they not so free after all; me spend pretty Leu (penny to you) on them.

a. Biggest acquisition: Signed free agent RP Bob Corrigan to three-year contract worth total of $6,900,000. Now he become new ace of starting pitching staff. The 25 yr old can pitch lights-out stuff with great move around plate --- if he control it more he be one of top pitchers in all of BBA. He walk 40 batters in 60 innings last year in BBA. We slash that number by half and he be all-star pitcher.

b. Great new person to play second base: Signed free agent CF Paul Warren to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,300,000. He play 2B for us and we move Edgardo Pagán - 2038 UMEBA Bancroft League Great Glove Award (2B), 2038 UMEBA Bancroft League Platinum Stick Award (2B) to 3B, where his rocket arm throw out lots of hitters. Hopefully he adjust to new position during spring training.

c. New best hitter on team: Signed free agent 1B Chris Klein to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,600,000. Against right-handed pitchers, he hit ball all over field. Very smart guy: he study opposition pitchers before every game to spot weaknesses.

d. New defensive shortstop: Signed free agent SS Hiroshi Hishikawa to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,150,000. This guy no hit good, but you watch him play defense: no think better SS even in BBA on defense. He get to every ball, he throw out every runner, he no do errors, and if double play possible, he make it.

d. LIke give lots and lots of people chances to be Impaler: Some of other signings since become GM: CF Iván Castillo to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,200,000, RP Mateus Rabisca to a 3-year contract worth a total of $2,150,000, and lots and lots of people to minor league contracts. Each one will get chance to show what can do during spring training: 2B Cale Bowles , C César Flores, 2B Juan Díaz, C Armando Muñóz, 2B Tom Jenkins, 2B Ricky Brown, C Raúl Lucero, C Ramón Ríos, C Hen-to Liu , CF Jorge Rangel , C Edgar Campos, RP Mauro Silva , CF Tilahun Mkubwa, LF Luther Jones, C Ramón Canales, 2B Lothar Schuster, C Ernesto Ruíz, SP Susumu Sai, C Robinson León, 2B Lorenzo Valenzuela, RF Hirokumi Maeda, CF Sergio Devalera, LF Francisco Rangel. We see which of these still around when regular season comes.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: The Lair Report: 2039.05 --- New GM, new team, new name!

Post by HoosierVic » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

First of all, love your intro. You speak English good!

Second, I hope Chris Klein hits a ton for you. He was stuck at AAA for us and couldn’t get out - he finally stopped talking to us and left for FA. He’ll be a force in the UMEBA!

Fat Nige
Ex-GM

Re: The Lair Report: 2039.05 --- New GM, new team, new name!

Post by Fat Nige » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

I think Paul Warren will be a real star, I like the look of him
Nigel Laverick
(former GM of El Paso Chilis #WeWereShitty) ,
Now GM Riyadh Red Crescents #WeBeNotSoNewNow #WeAreJustAsShitty

Riyadh GM since May 2046

JL Manager of the Year 2000 (Baltimore Monarchs)
Nothing since

An MBBA GM since 1995 (off & on)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sao Paulo Pilots”