Baseball Mumbai: Aurelio Fernandez Interview

Backstory and history of a particular player- make them come to life!
shoeless.db
BBA GM

Baseball Mumbai: Aurelio Fernandez Interview

Post by shoeless.db » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:26 am

SAI:
Welcome, Metro Stargazers! I'm your host, Sai "Young" Ahuji. On this special edition of Baseball Mumbai, I am joined by Metro Star starting pitcher, Aurelio Fernandez. Fernandez joined the Metro Star organization this past June on a two year/$9.6 million contract. His arrival brought both indignation and outright confusion to many Mumbai fans.
Today, we felt it was our duty to let Fernandez speak for himself -- to let his story be told by him. Aurelio, thank you for being here today.

AURELIO: Of course, I was told there would be a check for me waiting.

S: Yes, yes. We'll get that to you, but, first, tell us where you're from. Let us get a little background on who you are.

A: Fine. Columbia. Soata.

S: Columbia? What was it like growing up there?

A: We're really going to do all this? Like, you want me to open up and crap and tell you about how I became who I am today? I suppose you're hoping for some big revelation moments where your idiot viewers at home get to see my shell crack a bit and maybe a tear tumbles from my eye. Is that what you're looking for? That's why I'm here, right?

S: It can be anything you want it to be.

A: I want all you idiots to just leave me alone. I was just another 17-year-old kid when some big shot with a gold watch and a fancy car rolled up to a game when I was playing the the STX Soul. He saw me pitch and was awed by my arm. He didn't care one bit about me. All he cared about was my arm. He smiled all nice to my mom and promised us the damn world. I remember my mom being happy for the first time in my life. Ah, s***, I'm doing it.

S: It's fine. Tell us about your mom.

A: Jesus Chr ... Fine. My mom, God rest her soul, was the only person who ever loved me just for me. I had it rough, ok? I would go full days without anything to eat. Other days, I'd get something small. I didn't realize until later, my mom ... she likely didn't eat anything at all on those days either. She tried to find work. She'd do odd jobs -- cleaning, sewing, anything -- to get us some money for food. She'd have done thing for me. I hate this damn world.

S: What do you mean by that?

A: Damn it! Don't you know? My mom watched me get on that plane to America. I kissed her on the cheek. I hugged her goodbye. And I never got to see her again. Some thugs knew I left the little signing money I got with her. They roughed her up a bit. I don't think they meant to kill her, but...

S: Your mother was murdered?

A:
Yeah, ok? I walked on that plane and left my mom alone. Most days I wake up swearing at the Lord that he gave me this damn arm. If it wasn't for this arm, my mom would still be around. I could have found work in Columbia. I could have made it work. But this game tricked me. I don't owe this damn game anything. I don't owe a damn soul anything. I just want my mom back. It's been 10 years. I miss her every damn day.

S: Is this why people say you can be a little tough to get to know or get along with?

A: Who cares what any a**hole says? I gave this game everything. I gave it my mother. Nothing this game can give me -- money, stability, friendships -- nothing will ever be enough for what I gave this stupid game.

S: So what drives you to even keep playing? Why continue?

A: Jeez, it's all I know now. I haven't set foot back in Columbia since I buried my mother. Oh, I frickin' buried my mother, came back to America and I just didn't want to do anything. But, I got out there on that stupid mound, and then Louisville released me. I gave them my mother. They knew this about me. And they just s*** on me. Why should I care about anyone?

S: That was awful. How did you get back in the game?

A: Aleppo picked me up about a month later. Then Long Beach drafted me again. Then Valencia. San Jose. Minor Leagues. Columbia National Team. Now I'm here. I'm making money. Money. Money is why play now. Just pay me.

S: Do you care at all about your team? This city?

A: I'm done with this interview. Just give me the damn check. I don't want to give you anymore. I've given enough. (walks off set)

S: Well, I guess, that was Aurelio Fernandez and this was Baseball Mumbai. We'll see you at the ballpark.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Baseball Mumbai: Aurelio Fernandez Interview

Post by RonCo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:08 pm

Yikes...interesting background. A mile in another's shoes and all.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:06 am

This was darker than I expected...
GM Vancouver Mounties

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director