2037 Vancouver Mounties Preview

Team, Division, League, Playoff, and all other comprehensive previews go here.
bcslouck
BBA GM

2037 Vancouver Mounties Preview

Post by bcslouck » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Vancouver has a gone through multiple GM's since longtime GM Brett Schroeder left to take over the Boise expansion franchise. The team hasn't been to the playoffs since 2031, bottoming out last season at 63-99 in the worst division in the BBA.

Rotation
Juan Guerrero took a step back last season after a fantastic rookie campaign that saw him rack up 19 wins. Dermott Halford and Jose Zamora bot have potential to be solid mid rotation arms but have to prove it. Belmiro Maanico and Bert Hugill have some ability but probably aren't much more than back end arms. Overall, I'd say the group is average at best. That's if Guerrero gets back to 2035 form and the other arms improve.

Bullpen
Rodrigo Lugo has been a fine closer in the past. However, his 2036 season was dreadful and he starts the year on the DL. Ricardo Arellano will probably step in to close for a bit and has been solid over his career. Alejandro Ramirez is in the bullpen and has been for last the season or so. He should be a SP. He'd be the team's best SP and would instantly bump up my feelings on it. Troy Downey has great stuff but gives up too many HR's and has only had 2 decent seasons. His spring has been bad and he may be a DFA candidate. Alexandre Doyle is another guy who could probably start but has a decent track record in the 'pen. There are some other interesting arms here. Again, at best an average group but more than likely below average.

Lineup
Rashardo Menne III is obviously the most talented bat in this lineup. It features a couple guys who are in their mid 20's. But none of them are impact bats. Scott Harper has some power. Hotha Popo can draw a walk but not much else. After that, it's a lineup of guys that could probably be replaced via free agency fairly easy. I'm sure I've seen a worse collection of bats. But this group could use some work.

Defense
The team as a whole should be solid. The outfield has solid range and they won't make many errors. Popo is very good behind the plate. The infield defense could have some problems but won't be terrible. Again, could be better.

Bench
Colby Stephens is a solid backup C for the team. Christian Baudouin can play all over the infield and will probably come in to play 2B late in games. The team doesn't have a backup CF. That is something they will need to add. But Tony Charles and Pierre Cordona are decent options to back up the corners and pinch hit. Another group that could be better but in this case, most of the BBA could probably have a stronger bench.

Prospects
The team doesn't appear to have many impact guys for this season other than names I've already mentioned. Fernando Castillo and Masaki Soto are both very good prospects but are probably 3 years away. Same goes for Flynn Venegas. After those guys and Arellano, the best guys are a bit away while the closer guys probably aren't upgrades.

Prediction
I could see this team go backwards. They have room for improvement with what they have. But the rest of the division is just better. Seattle is legit. I see Calgary bouncing back some. Boise and Edmonton made some solid moves to go along with a decent group of players, especially Edmonton. Vancouver's lack of moves to go with the movement of the division just spells disaster. I'm thinking 100+ losses this year. Let's call it 58-104.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

StormZ_23
Ex-GM

Re: 2037 Vancouver Mounties Preview

Post by StormZ_23 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Pretty spot on with this preview. I definitely see myself going into a 100 loss season. Multi-year restoration project starts this season.
Taylor Bettencourt
Vancouver Mounties GM (2036 - Present)

2041 Frick League GM of the Year
2041 FL Pacific Champions

bcslouck
BBA GM

Re: 2037 Vancouver Mounties Preview

Post by bcslouck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:04 am

Yeah, I didn't like making that prediction. I know you took over pretty late so didn't get to jump in too much. Figure out your plan while you take your licks this offseason.

If I were you, I'd decline just about every team option next offseason. I'd also non-tender anyone who doesn't have value that isn't making league minimum. Take some small steps to start cleaning up your books.
Brandon Slouck
Rocky Mountain Oysters (2058 - present)
Cairo Pharaohs (2057)
Charm City Jimmies (2029 - 2049)
Paris Patriots (2028)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”