Thoughts on 2058 HoF Ballot: Hitters

Announcements, Ballots, Voting Results and Other Assorted Stuff.
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Thoughts on 2058 HoF Ballot: Hitters

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:43 pm

IN

Semei Kwakou - Total beast. 642 HR. 81 WAR. Guy made pitchers get the yips. Closest thing to a lock there is.

Orlando Ordonez - Second closet thing to a lock. 608 HR (albeit in a bandbox), 559 SB. 84 WAR. Dude has a building named after him.

Chip Puckett - That he wasn't as good as his dad is not a cut. Great shortstop. He was on my ballot last year. Made 62%, so he's got a shot.

OUT

Hsin Mei - Another guy I thought was no longer eligible. Whatever. He's kind of the last guy out for me. Catchers have a tough time getting in these days. His inclusion wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Francisco Flores - Great hitter. Great defender at his peak. Last year on the ballot. Thhat peak was awfully short, though.

Ronnie Hubbard - Only got three votes in first year, I expect he'll fall of unless fresh voters save him. That said, his defense was elite, and he's got quite the selection of rings.

James Monger - Loved him in his day. Very good for a long time, but almost never great.

Ramon Pagan - Looked pretty good until he turned 30. Nice player, but no.

Bing-de Zhao - Guy looked like he was going to be legendary. Then he turned 28 and his back went out on him--and there it went. Made 3 ballots last year. We'll see if he can stay on the ballot this time.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: Thoughts on 2058 HoF Ballot: Hitters

Post by Dington » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:49 pm

I switched Puckett and Mei. I appreciate catchers and don't think enough get in, but wouldn't be upset if he missed.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: Thoughts on 2058 HoF Ballot: Hitters

Post by BaseClogger » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:29 pm

Mei has a lot of homers for a catcher and won some gold gloves so clearly he could play some defense too.

Puckett has great counting stats too.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Voting Chatter”