Missing HOF Names

Announcements, Ballots, Voting Results and Other Assorted Stuff.
JimBob2232
BBA GM

Missing HOF Names

Post by JimBob2232 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Just looked through some career records, and I notice some names which probably should have had consideration for the HOF, but I never saw them on the ballot

Gabriel Steel - 9th all time in Hits with 2,630. 287 HRs and a .293 career average

David Smurf - 468 career HRs...good enough for 8th all-time...admittedly not a great average hitter, but probably deserves a shot.

Jimmy Duggan - Similar to the Smurf...

Not saying these guys deserve to be in (although they may)...just saying that I dont think they have gotten their shake on the ballot and it might be worth considering them.

jcrmoon42
Ex-GM

Re: Missing HOF Names

Post by jcrmoon42 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Good points, and there are others who also could deserve a shot. Deciding who to put on the ballot is always interesting. I try to put them on the ballot based somewhat on what voters have seen as worthy previously. I also use OPS+ quite heavily. Of the guys currently on the ballot, only Maverick and Williams have lower OPS+, and Mav was a shortstop while Zeb is the all-time steals leader. So, similar career numbers but more demanding defensive positions with a better OPS+. That gives them the nod.

However, these three are always under consideration when looking at guys to put on the ballot. They just haven't been as good as the guys I've chosen up to this point. In my opinion, that is. Of course, if someone gets enough support from you guys to put them on there, I'm always open to the input!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Voting Chatter”