The BBA Today #74 - Fan Loyalty For the Win?

Podcasts and more!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

The BBA Today #74 - Fan Loyalty For the Win?

Post by RonCo » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:56 am

Ted Schmidt and Ron Collins dig into a couple topics that Ted most definitely just pushed off until Ron could get back--specifically the signing of Aaron Haney and the big Edmonton/Vegas deal. Then, thereupon, endeavor to discuss finances across the board, starting with Bucharest and spinning wildly out of control, touching on teams like Seattle, and Valencia, and Des Moines, and Bucharest again, and Boise, and Charm City and ... well ... Twin Cities and Yellow Springs.

Don't say you weren't warned...

GET IT HERE

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HerbD
Ex-GM

Re: The BBA Today #74 - Fan Loyalty For the Win?

Post by HerbD » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:39 pm

good stuff fellas
Montreal Blazers(BBA) 2044~2047(353-295, .545 W%)
2045 Wildcard(lost in one round)
2046 Atlantic Champs(lost in one round)

allenciox
Ex-GM

Post by allenciox » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Really interesting stuff... So, yes, Bucharest did learn from last season (the first year of outstanding UMEBA draft) as far as offering more to post-draft free agents this year. But also, I just had a lot more money to spend. Last year, after the contraction of UMEBA, all the finances got wiped for the teams. As a result, Recte manually set the budgets to 75 million for all the teams, and my team was closer to the salary cap, so I had a lot less money to spend than this year. But I still offered hundreds of K for a lot of the top players left after the draft, and, although I got outbid on a bunch, I did pick up about a dozen of the "lower tier" ones . I learned from how much BBA was offering last year (generally between $1 million and $2 million apiece) that I needed to offer a little bit more to get the players I want. So this year, I calculated, well how many players could I offer a bit more than $2 million for, based on my budget and money available. I think it came out to an even dozen that I offered $2,211,111 for. Plus there were a bunch of lower caliber players that I offered a few hundred thousand for, and there were also players that would not even entertain an offer from me. I didn't expect to get all the players I bid on, but it looks like I pretty much did (total of 42 players). Of course, that means I have to throw some of them back into the pot --- so other teams will still get a shot at them. But I still have about 19m (including 9 million in budget, 10 million in cash) in case I do see one or more free agents that I need to buy the rest of the year.

Interesting what you all were saying about Des Moines. Personally, I think that as long as Des Moines can suck up the revenue shortfall, the most important thing to build up loyalty would be to keep their ticket prices fairly low until they get bigger attendance figures, which should help their team loyalty. This would make sense in the "real" world. But, I don't really know how well the "in-game" world is modelled on that.

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:51 am

Id be curious how signing someone with high local and national popularity impacts it. Or even in Valencias case their extension of haney. I may have to mark that as something to go back and look at and see if it actually does help.

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:33 am

Interesting stuff once again. I suspect the FI numbers for the BBA Today are through the roof!

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Good stuff again - i always learn something new listening to you guys...

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:02 pm

lolol love the trade breakdown. I just needed some additional offense, I wanted to start Morley over Shi, but I felt bad paying him so much and Noguchi is Scheffer's replacement due to injury. You guys hit on all the points though. I thought I probably overpaid for L'Arch, but I've wanted him for awhile and it worked out without having to give up anyone that I felt would be crippling to me. I had Lorenzo Leon at DH at the start of this season and he got hot with power, but I just wanted the better OBP. I liked Saswata, but I really don't like bad defense up the middle. There are other players with poor defense that I've traded young and regretted it though because they got better later, so you might be right that his defense will bump at some point. I actually was more upset with the departure of Buckson. I like that dude, but if the Jackrabbits are going to compete this year we need better offensive production. Hopefully it works out.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brewster Broadcasting Network”