A Few Beers In 2034.2

Podcasts and more!
User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

A Few Beers In 2034.2

Post by bschr682 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Here it is in all its unedited roughly 2 hour glory.

AFBI episode 2

Enjoy! Join us for the next one soon.

Contributors: Randy, Stephen, Fred, Me
Last edited by bschr682 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Image

User avatar
bcslouck
BBA GM
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:09 am
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bcslouck » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:57 am

I hate being the guy who says I can't make something, but I'm going to do that now. I do want to do this with you guys at some point though.
GM Brandon Slouck
Charm City Jimmies: 2029 - present (938-1008)
2032 Johnson League Champions
2032 Johnson League Atlantic Division Champions
3x Johnson League Wildcard Berth (2031, 2033, 2034)
2x Johnson League GM of the Year (2032, 2034)

User avatar
niles08
BBA GM
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 pm
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by niles08 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 am

I won't be around next weekend...Going to the Husker spring game in Lincoln :)
Image

User avatar
GoldenOne
BBA GM
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Location: South Riding, VA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:41 pm

bschr682 wrote:Planning phase. Probably shooting for Saturday 4/21 starting sometime that evening. I literally only need 1 other person to start it up but that will usually be Fred. We hit record and then people can jump in and out as they please. Its literally just us hanging out and chatting. No pressure.

Possible topics: I'll edit this over the course of the week mostly based on suggestions

Who is a Buyer/Seller
Trade deadline moves teams should make

nashville’s horrendous trade

You can comment below if you want to jump in or if you have something you want discussed. If you are planning to show up to talk about a specific thing let us know below so we save that topic until you arrive.
I would just like to point out that since my "horrendous" trade, I've had two teams inquire about acquiring Tomanek......
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:44 pm

mother in law flies in this afternoon, so unless she goes to bed early i am probably out for tonight unfortunately.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
810-649

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40

Image

User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:27 pm

GoldenOne wrote:
bschr682 wrote:Planning phase. Probably shooting for Saturday 4/21 starting sometime that evening. I literally only need 1 other person to start it up but that will usually be Fred. We hit record and then people can jump in and out as they please. Its literally just us hanging out and chatting. No pressure.

Possible topics: I'll edit this over the course of the week mostly based on suggestions

Who is a Buyer/Seller
Trade deadline moves teams should make

nashville’s horrendous trade

You can comment below if you want to jump in or if you have something you want discussed. If you are planning to show up to talk about a specific thing let us know below so we save that topic until you arrive.
I would just like to point out that since my "horrendous" trade, I've had two teams inquire about acquiring Tomanek......
Tomanek likely turns out to be a perfectly serviceable big league quality reliever. But you do not trade 22 year old fully developed quality starting pitchers making league minimum (for multiple years yet btw) for 2 future bullpen arms. Even if Tomanek gets a shot of magic juice and fully develops into a starter, he still wont even be as good as Clulow. How in the world are you defending this? I'm completely baffled.

Seriously. If the plan you have in mind is to completely strip bomb the team and tank hardcore you wont get to enjoy the fruits of all those top picks. Tankers get kicked out of the league just FYI.
Image

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Let's have more than 1 questionable trade before you throw out tanking and banishment from the league. Brett has been here all of a few weeks, give him some time to get adjusted and figure things out.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
810-649

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40

Image

User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:19 pm

usnspecialist wrote:Let's have more than 1 questionable trade before you throw out tanking and banishment from the league. Brett has been here all of a few weeks, give him some time to get adjusted and figure things out.
I'm not saying that's what he was doing necessarily. I'm just saying that so far he has a track record that's starting to look that way and if he wasn't aware about anti-tank, now he is. That's all.

I'm honestly just curious about the thought process for the trade. He seems to be defending it quite a bit which implies its part of a plan. Which is good. Plans are good. I just can't figure it out. I asked myself what sort of plan would I have if I were going to make a trade like that and feel happy. The tanking thing was the only plausible option I could think of. Admittedly maybe the plan is just way over my head. But by all obvious measures, Clulow is a pretty darn good starter and the guys in return are not...
Image

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:25 pm

bschr682 wrote:
usnspecialist wrote:Let's have more than 1 questionable trade before you throw out tanking and banishment from the league. Brett has been here all of a few weeks, give him some time to get adjusted and figure things out.
I'm not saying that's what he was doing necessarily. I'm just saying that so far he has a track record that's starting to look that way and if he wasn't aware about anti-tank, now he is. That's all.

I'm honestly just curious about the thought process for the trade. He seems to be defending it quite a bit which implies its part of a plan. Which is good. Plans are good. I just can't figure it out. I asked myself what sort of plan would I have if I were going to make a trade like that and feel happy. The tanking thing was the only plausible option I could think of. Admittedly maybe the plan is just way over my head. But by all obvious measures, Clulow is a pretty darn good starter and the guys in return are not...
that is fair to be a bit confused by it, i just felt you were coming in a bit heavy and over the top without a lot of evidence one way or the other.
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
810-649

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40

Image

User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Wasn't going for heavy. Going for confused. I mean seriously. New guy gets benefit of doubt for sure. But I literally cannot figure this out. The only other thought I had was he was an alter ego created by Omaha so he could make his team better haha. But that's even less plausible than the tanking plan.
Image

User avatar
GoldenOne
BBA GM
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Location: South Riding, VA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Geesh..... relax. I'll defend every trade I make or else I wont make one. I would imagine you all would be the same way. I've also been in the game/league for all of a few weeks now and may have a little more faith in something than I should have, oh well, I'll learn. Am I the only one in this league that has made a potentially questionable trade? Good on ya'll if I am.

Also, all I am really saying is, its early. Give it time. Hard to call it horrendous just yet. If Tomanek does turn out to be a decent SP it will be at the time I need him to be, not at the time when Clulow would be demanding the amount of money, even in arbitration, that he would be at that time. Add in any potential Urgeses may have too. I dont mind some ribbing over something that may seem like a bad move but relax, give it a season or two, and then feel free to slam me hard if it didnt work out.

Tanking though? Not quite. I dont tank. Ever. The Goats season was over before I took over. I cant imagine anyone had Nashville finishing the year anywhere but in the bottom five - probably keeping company with the Mounties.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:33 pm

bschr682 wrote:Wasn't going for heavy. Going for confused. I mean seriously. New guy gets benefit of doubt for sure. But I literally cannot figure this out. The only other thought I had was he was an alter ego created by Omaha so he could make his team better haha. But that's even less plausible than the tanking plan.
i assure you brett and Justin are two very different people (unless brett has been running a longer con on me than anyone has ever run in history haha).
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
810-649

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40

Image

User avatar
GoldenOne
BBA GM
Posts: 1158
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm
Location: South Riding, VA
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:35 pm

bschr682 wrote:Wasn't going for heavy. Going for confused. I mean seriously. New guy gets benefit of doubt for sure. But I literally cannot figure this out. The only other thought I had was he was an alter ego created by Omaha so he could make his team better haha. But that's even less plausible than the tanking plan.
Brett - would be happy to share with you my thoughts for a plan offline and would be happy to get feedback on thoughts on my plan. Really only came to fruition here lately and havent really even discussed it with Randy fully.
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

User avatar
usnspecialist
League Advisor
Posts: 3840
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 am
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 210 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by usnspecialist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:41 pm

GoldenOne wrote:
bschr682 wrote:Wasn't going for heavy. Going for confused. I mean seriously. New guy gets benefit of doubt for sure. But I literally cannot figure this out. The only other thought I had was he was an alter ego created by Omaha so he could make his team better haha. But that's even less plausible than the tanking plan.
Brett - would be happy to share with you my thoughts for a plan offline and would be happy to get feedback on thoughts on my plan. Really only came to fruition here lately and havent really even discussed it with Randy fully.
#brettsunited
Randy Weigand
Havana Sugar Kings/San Fernando Bears: 2032-
810-649

Landis Champion- 34
Johnson Champion- 34
Frick Champion- 36, 37
Johnson League Southern- 34
Frick League Pacific- 37, 39
,Wild Card- 33, 35, 36, 40

Image

User avatar
Rubaboo
BBA GM
Posts: 1601
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by Rubaboo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm

usnspecialist wrote:
GoldenOne wrote:
bschr682 wrote:Wasn't going for heavy. Going for confused. I mean seriously. New guy gets benefit of doubt for sure. But I literally cannot figure this out. The only other thought I had was he was an alter ego created by Omaha so he could make his team better haha. But that's even less plausible than the tanking plan.
Brett - would be happy to share with you my thoughts for a plan offline and would be happy to get feedback on thoughts on my plan. Really only came to fruition here lately and havent really even discussed it with Randy fully.
#brettsunited
One Brett, Two Brett, Old Brett, New Brett
Fred Holmes
General Manager
Mexico City Aztecs - BBA

JL Champs - 2027
JL Manager of the Year - 2023, 2024, 2026
JL MW Champs - 2022, 2023, 2024, 2027
JL Sun Belt Champs - 2035, 2036, 2038

Beirut Green Knights - UMEBA

BANC Champs - 2037

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13519
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 779 times
Been thanked: 714 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:51 pm

I can't wait to hear this one. :)
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
RonCo
League Director
Posts: 13519
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 pm
Has thanked: 779 times
Been thanked: 714 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:53 pm

And, hang in there Nashville. The bottom line there, I think, is that there really was no path to being really competitive in 1-3 years, so my guess is that the team is essentially focused on stocking up with Very Young kids.

:popcorn:
Yellow Springs Nine
Playoff Regular, Landis Averse

User avatar
Lane
PR Director/Historian
Posts: 4533
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:18 am
Location: Los Angeles
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 116 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by Lane » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Hit me up on Skype when you get started or when you need another voice.

lane.stephen at hotmail.com
Stephen Lane
PR Director / Historian / Tech Support
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Image


Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:54 pm

GoldenOne wrote:Geesh..... relax. I'll defend every trade I make or else I wont make one. I would imagine you all would be the same way. I've also been in the game/league for all of a few weeks now and may have a little more faith in something than I should have, oh well, I'll learn. Am I the only one in this league that has made a potentially questionable trade? Good on ya'll if I am.

Also, all I am really saying is, its early. Give it time. Hard to call it horrendous just yet. If Tomanek does turn out to be a decent SP it will be at the time I need him to be, not at the time when Clulow would be demanding the amount of money, even in arbitration, that he would be at that time. Add in any potential Urgeses may have too. I dont mind some ribbing over something that may seem like a bad move but relax, give it a season or two, and then feel free to slam me hard if it didnt work out.

Tanking though? Not quite. I dont tank. Ever. The Goats season was over before I took over. I cant imagine anyone had Nashville finishing the year anywhere but in the bottom five - probably keeping company with the Mounties.
Glad to hear the anti-tank stance. That's good. I have no problem with the decision to trade Clulow. I would have waited a year or 2 yet but yea he will start costing major dollars before the team is competitive. My problem is the return. Whats done is done. Lets just spin this conversation forward. How much do you think Tomanek's 3rd pitch (the dreaded stuck changeup) has to develop before he would be able to log any sort of innings as a SP in the bigs? Honest question, anyone can answer. And the follow up is throw out a percent chance that said 3rd pitch actually makes it to that mark.

My answer is at least 5 and seeing as how its stuck at 1 and he is already 23 so a 1% chance that changeup makes it to a 5 rating.
Image

User avatar
bschr682
BBA GM
Posts: 7002
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: A Few Beers In Episode 2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Lane wrote:Hit me up on Skype when you get started or when you need another voice.

lane.stephen at hotmail.com
Will do. As of right now you are the only one who is on this so it may not happen tonight. Ill wait awhile and see if others are in. Plus I shouldn't start it too early or else it will be too long again.
Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brewster Broadcasting Network”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest