Tater Talk: 2046.02 – Boise GM Reflects on Caleca

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

jleddy
Ex-GM

Tater Talk: 2046.02 – Boise GM Reflects on Caleca

Post by jleddy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:51 am

Image The Brewster Baseball Association was rocked at the announcement of the passing of long-time general manager Vic Caleca. Boise GM Joe Lederer later released a statement:

"Vic was both a skilled front office executive and writer. His class and character impressed all who encountered him and he was greatly respected by everyone in the game. That respect was well deserved. Over the course of my tenure in Boise, I've had the honor to work closely with Vic. Although we were both striving for the same goal, we exchanged ideas back and forth and valued each other's opinions about prospective trades and strategy. I will also remember Vic as an extremely thoughtful man with a great penchant for humor and taking things in stride, namely his public feuds with Chicago ownership and members of the front office. Every time I would bring up his gaffe of trading of Andre Ly and Timo Dooley for Pavel Bure Jr., he'd quickly remind me that he pawned onto me a bitter and overpaid Norris Rutledge for one season. Vic was fiercely competitive but went about it as a professional and with grace.

With great sorrow, the Boise Spuds will don a memorial patch in Vic's honor for the remainder of the 2046 season. I feel it is a worthy tribute and one that Vic would approve of.

The friendships and impressions Vic left in our league will last a lifetime. Our thoughts go out to his family and the Chicago Black Sox."
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Re: Tater Talk: 2046.02 – Boise GM Reflects on Caleca

Post by bigmike13 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:34 pm

:cry:
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

7teen
BBA GM

Post by 7teen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:03 pm

Nicely done....

I've been conflicted on how to approach the "fake baseball world" with the real passing of Vic. Fine line between continuing to do what we do without coming across as insensitive.

After a day of reflection, I think the words everyone has used from quoting Vic would be what Vic would have wanted us to do and that's continue to have fun! I think Vic would appreciate our pear references!
Last edited by 7teen on Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50
FL WC: 49, 51
FL Champs: 49, 51

Vic Caleca TN of the Year 2046

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:35 pm

7teen wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:03 pm
Nicely done....

I've been conflicted on how to approach the "fake baseball world" with the real passing of Vic. Fine line between continuing to do what we do without coming across as insensitive.

After a day of reflection, I think the words everyone has used from quoting Vic would be what Vic would have wanted us to do and that's continue to have fun! I think Vic would appreciate our pear references!
I felt the same way also.... but after reading what his son wrote and how he really enjoyed this league, id think he’d really enjoy it. 👍🏻

@jleddy I really like the patch...im still working with my own tribute to Vic. His was the first logo i did over - and he and I had such a good time going back and forth with ideas and concepts for it and his MiLBs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”