Tater Talk: 2042.019 – Wave of Food Poisoning Strikes Grigg Memorial

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

jleddy
Ex-GM

Tater Talk: 2042.019 – Wave of Food Poisoning Strikes Grigg Memorial

Post by jleddy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Image A leaked internal Brewster Baseball Association investigation on Monday found that there have been "high-level violations" at Boise's Grigg Memorial Stadium in recent inspections. The report claims twelve complaints of food poisoning, all from the stadium's Big League Jalapeño Crunch Burger, have occurred in the past two weeks.

Several fans have sought medical attention and a few have been hospitalized, however it wasn't until San Antonio International Complex pitcher Daniel Barrett was sidelined from food poisoning on May 15, one day after eating a Big League Jalapeño Crunch Burger while accompanying the big league club as they wrapped up a series in Boise.

"I was excited to spend the road trip with the club," the eighteen-year-old Canadian told investigators. "I was in the visitor's luxury box during the game and I'd heard their Crunch Burger was famous so I had to try one. Now I regret it."

Grigg Memorial’s food and beverage staff, as well as team officials, have been made aware of the issue. "We've had zero complaints in the club's first seven years and our inspection score of 98.2% was third best in the league last year," Boise's Vice President of Communications Diego Villanueva said. "Do you know how much mayonnaise goes in and out of this place for all our potato salad? We pride ourselves on our service and quality...this is concerning and we think there may be something, or someone, behind all this."

When asked to expand on his insinuation, Villanueva stated "Our general manager [Joe Lederer] has made enemies in his short time here, there's no questioning that. I believe an agent outside of our organization is the cause of this. Could be anyone from the Frontier. The League is in the middle of a ballpark food bracket so it could be any number of clubs to point the finger at."

On May 10th, an unidentified fan was caught vomiting in his seat during the Spuds-Jimmies game. Sources say
he didn't have a Crunch Burger, but simply couldn't stomach watching any more of Charm City's pitching.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Tater Talk: 2042.019 – Wave of Food Poisoning Strikes Grigg Memorial

Post by HoosierVic » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:24 pm

The photo caption ... omg. Priceless.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Tater Talk: 2042.019 – Wave of Food Poisoning Strikes Grigg Memorial

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:33 pm

The ballpark food brackets are pretty cutthroat.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”