2038.14 Boise with Big Finish

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2038.14 Boise with Big Finish

Post by Bumstead » Tue May 28, 2019 11:28 am

Boise lined up against division mates Calgary and Edmonton in the last week of the season. After losing the first game of the Calgary series, Boise went on to win their last 5 games of the season, including a season ending sweep of division champ Edmonton. Boise outscored the opposition 36-13 in those 5 games. In the last game of the season Patrick Patchett dropped a 5-hit shutout on Edmonton.

Patchett had this to say after the game: "It was great to show the Boise fans what they will be missing next season when I'm making the big bucks on a contender. There were times that playing in Boise wasn't as miserable as playing in Des Moines but, you know."

Overall Boise held a 9-3 series advantage over Calgary on the season and by winning 5 of the last 6 games against Edmonton, Boise was able to even up the season series at 6 games a piece.

Dennis French (who went 4-9 in the series with a HR and 4 RBI's) had this to say: "It was nice to get a little revenge on Edmonton. I just wanted them to know that I was fully recovered from my injury and ready to go to war going forward."

The string of victories at the end of the season provided Boise with a team record of 74 wins on the season and dropped them to at least 10th in the draft order (based just on this season without the weighting). So, if LBC or San Fernando can make the playoffs with 84 wins, then how far off is Boise from getting there anyway? Closer than Wichita! I'm going to WICHITA!

Return to “Boise Spuds”