2038.12 Edmonton Takes Out Frenchy

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2038.12 Edmonton Takes Out Frenchy

Post by Bumstead » Wed May 08, 2019 11:19 am

In the Bottom of the 4th inning with Boise trailing 4-0, Dennis French stepped up to the plate to lead off the inning. On a 1-1 count French hit a ball hard on the ground in the hole between 1st and 2nd which the 2nd baseman got to but couldn't make a throw. Dusty Rhodes straddled the 1st base bag and never moved as Frenchy came down the line and thus caused a collision that resulted in Frenchy breaking his finger and being out for basically the rest of the season.

Reporter to Rhodes: So, it was obvious that there wasn't going to be a throw and yet you were straddling the 1st base bag. I mean, normally you wouldn't straddle the bag anyway. What was the deal there?

Rhodes: Well, I mean, you gotta get Frenchy out of there any way you can. I just try to do what the team wants me to do in a situation like that. You gotta get him out. You can't have him on base and then have a rally get started. How many plate appearances does he have anyway?

Reporter: 515

Rhodes: Shit....

Reporter: What does the number of plate appearances have to do with anything?

Rhodes: Oh...I gotta go...good talk.

In the end the Spuds managed to come back and beat up the Jackrabbits 7-5 and then beat them the following game as well to take the series.

Here is what Mr. Palin had to say: That was clearly a move to try and hurt Frenchy and I'm none too pleased about it. I will be calling the Commish immediately after this interview to discuss the league's intentions here. You want to go to war Edmonton? We are going to take this personally. Maybe 'ole Ditsy Rhodes should be ready to dive if he happens to step in the batters box again against us. That's all I have to say on the matter.

On the season Rhodes is hitting .363 while French is batting .374....hmmm

Morale of the story: the best way to stop an MVP season is to injure the potential favorite for MVP...sigh...

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038.11 Edmonton Takes Out Frenchy

Post by RonCo » Wed May 08, 2019 11:32 am

Rhodes is apparently one of those "by any means necessary" kinds of guys.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Post by HoosierVic » Wed May 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Nooooooooooo!

crobillard
Ex-GM

Post by crobillard » Thu May 09, 2019 10:45 am

You should be thankful we didn't send him on a trip to Belize. It's too bad we wont see the potatoes in Edmonton until next season. I look forward to it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”