2038.8 - No, No, No

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2038.8 - No, No, No

Post by Bumstead » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:17 am

Oh Jorge Baez! I write a little blurb about you and then you go out and do something nobody would have precicted. Not only did Baez pitch his first complete game of his career in 33 starts in the BBA, but he also threw a No-Hitter! I have to admit that I am surprised that he even made it through 9 innings with his stamina and his refusal to throw strikes. But, he threw 116 pitches, 65 for strikes and somehow made it through the game only walking 4 batters. So, after getting 2 routine grounders to short in the 9th, he rolled the count to 3-0 on John Hick Man, who has consistently been a 4 win player his first 7 seasons in the BBA, who showed off his lack of discipline and swung at a 3-0 pitch that Baez had to use his right arm to push his left arm forward because he was so tired. Hick Man hit a Screamer into CF which Dennis French initially got at his shoestrings, but then he flipped out of his glove up over his head, turned around and tapped it with his finger tips back toward him, fell on his back, the ball hit him in the mouth, rolled down his chin and then 'ole Frenchy reached up and secured the ball while complaining about losing a tooth or something of the sort...Meanwhile Baez had fainted on the mound from exhaustion. French had this to say after the game: "well, I mean, you have show a little flare now then. Of course, I was in complete control of that play the entire time."

Tater Tot:

- Boise Catchers are on pace for 42 HR's this season.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2038.8 - No, No, No

Post by RonCo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

Nice.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”