2038.3 - Prospect Watch

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2038.3 - Prospect Watch

Post by Bumstead » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:42 am

So...since I don't have a lot of time to spend on managing my minor league roster, I turned it over to my Ass-istant GM for his handling....He immediately moved all my best prospects to AAA regardless of whether they are ready or not... :eek: :doh: :roll: another reason coaches, etc are not meant for on-line leagues...So, I will have to take that back over after the current sim....hopefully players aren't furious after they get sent back to the appropriate levels... :shrug:

Here are a few of my prospects that I find interesting, not in an order of ranking:

1. Jim Des Jardien - OF - Current 6/6/6/6/5; Potential 7/6/8/6/5. Defense 5/7/10...JD was my 2nd round draft pick in my first draft back in 2037. He was a high floor, low ceiling guy which seemed perfect in the 2nd Round. He was 5/4/4 when I drafted him and now he is 6/6/6, ratings changed in there somewhere, but he seems to have progressed nicely other than now he wears the number of the beast on his scouting report and apparently as a "tattoo" behind his ear. Who could have foretold that this was coming??? :eek: :bow: :bowtie: But I digress...He does bat RH, so nobody in this league will want him, but he has the sign of the beast which means most of you will be "tempted" to take him, as if he was even available. So punny! :coffee: I suspect that his AA assignment will be short lived and he will learn LF at AAA and may see a cup of coffee :coffee: in September barring him answering some sort of "calling." I know, I'm (not) sorry.

2. Frank Metcalf - SP - Current 4/6/5; Potential 6/7/8...I took Metcalf with the 6th overall pick in the 2037 draft when his potentials were 8/8/9...ouch...His suggested role is now B (batting) P (practice)/Emergency S (shitty) P (pitcher)...sigh...thanks for waiting till after I drafted him to crush him OOTP...He's only 20, so he has plenty of time to get a lot worse; and honestly, there is that slim chance that he doesn't get any worse than his current dumping ratings...He is RH, so he is barely usable anyway. He's the number 99 prospect in the league, which if you turn that upside down become 66...I can only assume his potentials will be 6/6/6 soon. There's some sort of clouded influence upon my organization at this point. I'm gonna have to get Riddler on a mission to seek out the "demon."

Alright, so I only got through 2 "prospects" before depression set in. I have called in a consultant named Mr. Cerrano to assist Dug in his "quest" to purify the organization...

Return to “Boise Spuds”