2038.1 - As Expected

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2038.1 - As Expected

Post by Bumstead » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:51 am

So, 1 week in the books and Boise sucks as expected. We did go 0-3 in 1-run games which I assume one would expect that to normalize as the season progresses; I don't think it will, but other people might think that it will. Boise averaged a whopping 3.5 runs per game while giving up 5 runs per game. That's not a recipe for success. It seems our hitting should get a little better and our pitching is at least that bad.

Potato pieces:

- Maxim Makin - pitched a gem against Edmonton, throwing 8 shut out innings while only allowing 3 hits and 2 walks. He also didn't strike anybody out which is interesting as he averaged 6.8 K/9 last season and for his career. At least he got his longest outing of the season out of the way as quickly as possible.

- Joaquin Torres - got off to an explosive start with 2 HR's in the first week of the season. In 2037 Torres spent the season as a utility infielder at AA. I expect in a few weeks I will want to throw him right back down there...For now, he's an exceptional fielder and...well, he's an exceptional fielder.

I expect another 1-5 sim coming up against Valencia and Long Beach College...

Return to “Boise Spuds”