2037.7 Boise Young (BB) Guns

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2037.7 Boise Young (BB) Guns

Post by Bumstead » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:36 am

I just looked and have noted that Boise has the 21st best minor league system. How awesome is that! I mean the team sucks, so fundamentally it makes it even better that there are barely any future prospects as well! :banghead: One of these days, I'm going to be combing through the anals in the front office and I'm going to come across the focus points for this organization....I can't wait...

So...let's take a look at a few of these warty prospects (listed by ranking):

1. Motonobu Yamashita - SS - 11/10/2/2/11 potential. Defense: 8/8/9/8. He's #1! Gotta list #1, right? In January of 2036, Boise paid $5M to sign Moto as an IFA. Interesting to note that he's not a leader by any stretch of the imagination and he also has no intention of working hard at making himself a better player. That's awesome considering that swings at any pitch that originates from the pitchers mound; I heard he once swung at a throw by the catcher from the backstop that was intended for the pitcher as the runner from 3rd tried to score on a wild pitch...unfortunate ending to that story: Moto hit the throw into RF for what he thought was a run-scoring single and in the process broke the pitchers jaw with the bat...His contact is already a 5, so he's already an improvement over Dave Wilfer at 2B...I think he will progress rather quickly through the minors and we shall see whether he can overcome that eye problem or not.

2. Frank Metcalf, SP, 7/8/8 potential (righty); hey, my first contribution to the 'ole tater fest...Currently 3/5/4 and pitching well in rookie ball. He 3 really good pitches and 1 OK pitch. Hopefully he can bump that sinker up a bit as he progresses.

6. Myeong-hwan Kim - RF - 10/10/2/3/10...OF Def: 7/8/7...Another IFA signed in 2036 for a cool $2M...seems like the IFA's in 2036 must have been blind or sight impaired...Like Moto, he doesn't strike out much but he swings at everything...I expect him and Moto to ride the same train up the ladder.

I'm a little depressed again....Now the auditors have more questions....1 more day and they are gone...

Return to “Boise Spuds”