2037.6 Boise Lineup El Fin

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2037.6 Boise Lineup El Fin

Post by Bumstead » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:02 am

So, knowing y'all are on pins and needles waiting for some invigorating commentary on the rest of the Boise lineup, I have returned to finish off/up the task:

7. Claudio Perez , C, 5/6/7/5/6, Claudio is a tremendous defensive catcher whose talents are wasted on these terrible pitchers. He should compete for the GG I would imagine; not saying he should win the GG (not saying it yet anyway) but he should be in the discussion anyway. When he closes his eyes and swings the bat and somehow makes contact, he tends to launch the ball a pretty good distance. He currently has 18 HR's and a .712 OPS despite his marginal average of .226. All in all, I'm not mad at him, and he's only 23, but he could lean into a few more pitches so that he got on base a bit more frequently...

8. Felix Avila, hahahaaha...I just looked and noted that this guy is my SS...hilarious...4/3/5/8/6...Look at this, he knows the strike zone and somehow that ability has him with an OPS of .785...I have 1 word to describe that (actually 2): NOT SUSTAINABLE! He probably should be playing 3B or RF, but I see nobody has even trained him at 3B...Looks like he started in the EBA minor leagues and found himself in Boise eventually...I expect that will be remedied at the end of the season.

9. Dave Wilfer, 2B...7/6/4/6/7...this guy has absolutely no range at 2B but boy does he enjoy flipping a double play... .551 OPS...oh my...I'm going to have to re-look at this situation. 217 AB's for a terrible 2B that can't hit for $3.5M....Sounds like Boise to my ears! Herve Billy can play 2B...poorly...

Now that you have seen the lineup, you must also be asking yourselves how this team is not the worst team in the league. Heck, Boise might not be in the top 5 worst teams in the BBA. Look through this again and let that sink in...some of you should be ashamed of yourselves... :grin: :shrug: :iceburn: :P :bye: :coffee:

I'm considering a 2nd article today....that would be crazy, no?

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.6 Boise Lineup El Fin

Post by recte44 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am

I know these guys sucked. My strategy with crappy teams is to find the undervalued asset and utilize it and in this case it was versatile, defensive focused players. Kept them close to .500 anyways.

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Re: 2037.6 Boise Lineup El Fin

Post by Bumstead » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:03 pm

recte44 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
I know these guys sucked. My strategy with crappy teams is to find the undervalued asset and utilize it and in this case it was versatile, defensive focused players. Kept them close to .500 anyways.
Yeah. You did better than me at that...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”