2037.4 Boise Lineups

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2037.4 Boise Lineups

Post by Bumstead » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:23 pm

So, I wanted to write another scintillating article today. I looked at my team and wept a little...So, I will just write a little bit about the lineup I have employed:

1. Pedro Holguin, LF, 7/7/1/7/8; I acquired Pedro in a trade shortly after I took over Boise. Pedro is OK defensively and knows where the strike zone is when he is batting. Nothing spectacular but a solid leadoff hitter.

2. Gary Schneider, DH.... :crazylaugh: :eek: :banghead: , yeah....5/5/6/9/4...sheesh...his ratings are taking a shit at 27...thank you OOTP19....he already sucked, why not kick him in the balls too...he knows the strike zone and has a .718 OPS...

3. Dennis French, CF, 10/10/5/4/8 with some potential still to be reached and he's just 20. The #1 overall pick in 2036. He has a chance to be a star in the BBA....well, after the comical park factors are fixed to something reasonable. I considered dropping him back to AAA so that he could take his time developing and learn to play Left and Right Field while he was at it, but he's already my best player...hopefully OOTP doesn't start crushing his ratings with its "fun killer" machete until after he turns 26...

See, if we stopped with those 3 guys, people might wonder why this team isn't very good. But let's be honest, it's only downhill after this. There are a couple of serviceable guys and a few guys with potential, but in the end there's a lot of duct tape holding the shit river back with this team. In the end, I think this will be the most difficult team to rebuild/correct I have ever started with. I wish I could make some trades here at the deadline, but that's not going to happen. After the season is over, I'm going to have to flush the toilet on a lot of these guys. Once I can get the flawed players off the team, the entire vision of the rebuild should become less foggy.

Spiccoli
Ex-GM

Re: 2037.4 Boise Lineups

Post by Spiccoli » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 pm

Bumstead wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:23 pm
So, I wanted to write another scintillating article today. I looked at my team and wept a little...So, I will just write a little bit about the lineup I have employed:

1. Pedro Holguin, LF, 7/7/1/7/8; I acquired Pedro in a trade shortly after I took over Boise. Pedro is OK defensively and knows where the strike zone is when he is batting. Nothing spectacular but a solid leadoff hitter.

2. Gary Schneider, DH.... :crazylaugh: :eek: :banghead: , yeah....5/5/6/9/4...sheesh...his ratings are taking a shit at 27...thank you OOTP19....he already sucked, why not kick him in the balls too...he knows the strike zone and has a .718 OPS...

3. Dennis French, CF, 10/10/5/4/8 with some potential still to be reached and he's just 20. The #1 overall pick in 2036. He has a chance to be a star in the BBA....well, after the comical park factors are fixed to something reasonable. I considered dropping him back to AAA so that he could take his time developing and learn to play Left and Right Field while he was at it, but he's already my best player...hopefully OOTP doesn't start crushing his ratings with its "fun killer" machete until after he turns 26...

See, if we stopped with those 3 guys, people might wonder why this team isn't very good. But let's be honest, it's only downhill after this. There are a couple of serviceable guys and a few guys with potential, but in the end there's a lot of duct tape holding the shit river back with this team. In the end, I think this will be the most difficult team to rebuild/correct I have ever started with. I wish I could make some trades here at the deadline, but that's not going to happen. After the season is over, I'm going to have to flush the toilet on a lot of these guys. Once I can get the flawed players off the team, the entire vision of the rebuild should become less foggy.
lol... There's only so much you can do when you've just recently took over.

Looking forward to your long term plan over a few seasons.
Scott Piccoli GM Twin Cities

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”