2037.3 Boise...

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Bumstead
Ex-GM

2037.3 Boise...

Post by Bumstead » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 am

So, I am supposed to be writing articles I guess...It's year-end and I'm a CPA, so my time at this time of the year is limited. On top of that, my wife's great uncle passed away at 91 (burned to death in his own house; kinda makes you want to yell at God..."WHY THE FUCK LIKE THAT?" Sorry, it's hard to take.). Anyway, so we spent this past weekend in Tennessee, walking the property and remembering the time we spent there through the years. He's our last connection to that area; her family used to all live on one road in Milan, TN. Now they are all gone.

In an completely illogical move, the league changed potential ratings to 20-80 right before the trade deadline. I keep looking for the discussion thread that I missed on this. I also can't make any trades at the deadline now to try and move this shitty team forward...thanks to this change people don't want to trade...counter-productive move all in the name of some new feeder league....whatever...with all the "influx of new owner" and all, how could we wait?

So, since StatsPlus and the reports aren't updated, I guess I will just talk about my injured guys, cause that's fun:

Luis Manuel Torres - So this guy apparently is a terrible starting pitcher who had ratings of 6/6/7 (who knows what his potential rating are on the new scale...or can interpret them...). He started 1 game and tore his labrum and is out for the season/his Boise career. His ratings now are: 4/6/5....

Interesting story, I tore my labrum playing softball about 6 or 8 years ago. I was pitching and a guy hit a single to RF and for some reason our idiot RF'er through the ball behind the runner at 1B. The throw was so terrible that it was on the ground and 10' wide of the base. I went over to cut it off as it skipped by our 60 year old 1B and slid down to stop the ball so the guy wouldn't take 2B. Anyway, when I went to slide down I landed directly on my left elbow (non-throwing arm), jamming my shoulder. My shoulder momentarily dislocated. Later, after the game, it was noted that I had torn my labrum and fractured my shoulder. I held the guy at 1B and got up gingerly, wincing in pain. The umpire asked if I was OK. I said I was fine and whipped my arm in a big circle, at which point I nearly blacked out from the pain and fell down. The umpire felt I might not be OK afterall....I said I was fine and pitched the rest of the game catching a line drive between my legs for the final out, which sent me to the ground for 5 minutes in pain...we won on a bases load single in the bottom of that inning by one with me on deck and 1 out...no subs available...

Oh well, looks like we won't get to the rest of the injuries.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.3 Boise...

Post by recte44 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:13 pm

StatsPlus was updated last night- is it not?

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: 2037.3 Boise...

Post by recte44 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:15 pm

It appears not. Well, I'll try again when I get home tonight.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”