2036.3 Change in french fry policy...they're back, baby!

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

Big_Al
Ex-GM

2036.3 Change in french fry policy...they're back, baby!

Post by Big_Al » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 pm

It was a very unpopular policy from the start. Players felt persecuted. The Treasure Valley felt an extreme disconnect from their beloved Spuds. "It was a bad decision plain and simple," says Travis Blacker, Industry Relations Director of the Idaho Potato Commission. "You wonder what goes through peoples' minds some times." The rift between ball club and community was immediate. Most wondered if the damage was irreparable. Could these wounds ever be healed?

During the 2035 season, newly placed management of the Spuds decided to remove french fries from the clubhouse. It was a slap in the face to the entire state of Idaho. How could the beloved potato be banned from the state's most popular sports franchise? That misplaced policy has finally been laid to rest. The organization's new leadership swiftly moved to forge a relationship with Arrowhead Potato Company to be the official supplier of Idaho potatoes to the Boise Spuds for the next 10 years. The ban on french fries in the clubhouse is over!

When the ban was instituted, Ken Gerhart III was the most outspoken player against the new policy. When learning of the club's change of heart, larger than life Gerhart was reduced to tears, embracing the team's nutritionist while sobbing "I never thought I'd live to see this day, it's a real blessing, a true blessing." The person largely responsible for this long-awaited reformation is the team's newly appointed nutritionist, John Kruk. "I'm not what you'd call a classically trained food-guy. I know what I like and I know what tastes good. Fries are delicious, chips are delicious, tots are delicious, why would you want to take those away from the players?" says Kruk with a wide grin on his face, proudly standing next to the clubhouse's new french fry fountain, a modern marvel designed by engineers at the world famous MIT Potato Lab.

It might be too late to save this baseball season. However the magnitude of this concession by management cannot be overstated. The reversal of this heinous error can only help mend the relationship between players and club. More importantly, it is a first step in bridging the divide between club and community. Sentiment suggests the club is now firmly behind the players. Whether or not this is enough to lay the foundation for future success remains to be seen.
Al Sganga
GM Boise Spuds (2036 to Present)

Taters gonna tate.

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Re: 2036.3 Change in french fry policy...they're back, baby!

Post by Joshua Biddle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:34 pm

:crazylaugh: Enjoy the Kruk reference being a Phils fan, ha!

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2036.3 Change in french fry policy...they're back, baby!

Post by RonCo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Best news out of Idaho since Napoleon Dynamite.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”