2035.25 Top-10 BBA prospect arrives in Tamarindo with barely a blink

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

starfox64
Ex-GM

2035.25 Top-10 BBA prospect arrives in Tamarindo with barely a blink

Post by starfox64 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:12 pm

TAMARINDO, PUERTO RICO -- Boise Spuds GM Ryan Wangman had just fired up his computer after entering the office Monday morning when he decided to check the BBA's prospect rankings as he often does to asses the rise and fall of the team's assets.

When the webpage loaded, Wangman dropped his coffee mug, which promptly shattered on his desk. Right there at #6, sitting unassuming behind Carpenter, Iron-Knife and Marquez, was a gift from the international scouting gods.

Yoshi Sakei, the entry read. Boise.

Wangman refreshed the page again and again, in disbelief of his own eyes. Ricardo Ruiz was already too good to be true. But when it was clear it wasn't a mistake, he was beside himself, hooting and hollering in his empty office.

Immediately, the manager had a flight booked to Tamarindo. He had to see Sakei with his own eyes.

Wangman got off the plane and nearly ran to the international complex, arriving just in time to catch the end of practice. Sakei, known for his off-the-charts stamina, was the last one on the field, firing pitches to Noboru Nagkagawa as the GM looked on.

As a 16-year-old righty, Sakei is 6'1 and weighs in at 175 lbs, and the movement on his pitches is already league-average despite his young age. The signing of the Soka, Saitama native skyrocketed the health of the Spuds' farm to an impressive sixth place, establishing a foundation on which to stake what's next.

But Wangman couldn't care about a lick of that. All he cared about was seeing this kid, his kid, working harder than anyone else in the international complex, a major league dream glinting in his eyes.

All the worrying over signing Pancho "not-really-a-number-two-pick" German had dissipated into thin air, replaced by the excitement over the future of a franchise with such bright stars illuminating the horizons beyond. Ruiz, and now Sakei. What luck.

Sakei threw his final pitch of the session, and walked off the field, where Boise's GM waved him over. Shaking Sakei's hand, Wangman smiled.

"Welcome to the underdogs."

starfox64
Ex-GM

Re: 2035.25 Top-10 BBA prospect arrives in Tamarindo with barely a blink

Post by starfox64 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Due to HTML not being updated, I can't link Sakei here. But check him out in-game, he shouldn't be hard to find ;)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Very nice.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Congrats. The only thing my scout ever brought back from a scouting trip was a hangover and an STD. I think I need to fire this guy once I find him.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Check the Wichita dugout.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Joshua Biddle
Ex-GM

Post by Joshua Biddle » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm

ae37jr wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Congrats. The only thing my scout ever brought back from a scouting trip was a hangover and an STD. I think I need to fire this guy once I find him.
:mrgreen:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”