2035.17 There's a New Sheriff in Town

GM: Ben Teague

Moderator: cheekimonk

starfox64
Ex-GM

2035.17 There's a New Sheriff in Town

Post by starfox64 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:33 pm

BOISE, ID - In a shocking mid-season move, the Boise Spuds announced that GM Brett Schroeder would resign, effective immediately, sending ripples through the entire BBA as GMs, players and fans alike wondered about the future of the newly minted expansion team.

They didn't have to wait long.

Mere hours later, the team confirmed to various media outlets that former journalist Ryan Wangman would take over GM duties for the remainder of the season. The new executive is still wet behind the ears, lacking any professional experience in the field before his appointment, but sources close to organizational heads say the Spuds wanted a completely fresh direction for a team that has floundered out of the gate.

Wangman has not yet been available to speak to the media, but released a statement via Twitter late Sunday night.

"I'm absolutely humbled by the opportunity from the Boise Spuds to get my first shot at overseeing baseball operations for a BBA team," Wangman wrote. "This has been my dream ever since I was a little kid, and the long road to success and a Landis starts today. We've got a lot of work to do, but I'm not afraid of a challenge, and I believe in myself. Spuds? Let's go out and win a championship."

Sources close to Wangman say he's spent hours reviewing the state of the organization and setting targets for areas to improve. His likely first move will be hiring a manager, as the lack of one has taking a toll on the Spuds' team chemistry.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 2035.17 There's a New Sheriff in Town

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Odd that Boise's manager is gone. I see where Luis Luna was hired, but there's no record of him being removed, and if you get to his manager card, it shows his record being up to date. Weird.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:23 pm

I think that was something I did by accident when I put Ryan in as GM I accidentally first put him as manager too.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Ok. That makes more sense.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Boise Spuds”