The Morning Glory 2057.02 - What Did You Do?

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2057.02 - What Did You Do?

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:59 am

As has been the case in each of his previous seasons, Rocky Mountain Oysters GM Brett Golden wasted no time in addressing next season's roster. He could be seen in his office, just a few short hours after the Oysters won the Brewster in dramatic fashion, sleeves rolled up, his mind racing.

As the first memo came out to the poor intern that was "on duty" in those wee hours of a Wednesday morning, he didnt know which way to turn. Assistant GM Ahmad Junejo had left shortly after the team won the Championship, having been informed by GM Golden in the 8th inning that his services would no longer be needed after the game was over.

The intern turned to the highest ranking person he could find at that ungodly hour, Head Scout Richard Gossage the 4th. Gossage took one look at the memo and headed straight for Golden's office.

"What did you do? Are you still drunk" asked Gossage.

Golden replied, "Not that I have to explain myself to you, you little bitch, but I respected your grandfather and I see potential in you so I'll give you a little bit of insight here. Sit."

Golden continued, "I had to let him go. As most everyone knows, somehow when his contract went through last year, it didnt have Team Options on it where they should have been. So, this version of a Team Option is just going to cost us a little more. So, its a very good thing that we won because now we've got that extra cash to help the sting not feel as bad."

Gossage: "But, Haney? He put up over 5 WAR for us this year. He's 37 and he still hit 31 home runs and stole 11 bases for us this year. He was the Doubleday MVP. He hit .318/.333/.621 for us in the playoffs."

Golden: "Yep, and we gave him his first Brewster Championship, and $62M to love off from until he finds a new place to play."

Gossage: "But...."

Golden: "But nothing! That $30M for one guy we freed up, just turned into extension/pre-arbitration offers to 8 other players and still leaves us room to sign the 2-3 holes that we'll still need to fill. Do you think we can get a 5 WAR out of those 8-10 players? Now, leave me along, I've got a couple more things to do - yeah, go find us another cheap Closer, Vega will be gone for at least 11 months - I've got a couple more things to do before I go tell Haney. I dont want him too sober when I tell him."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Morning Glory 2057.02 - What Did You Do?

Post by RonCo » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:23 am

Great story. Bold move.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”