The Morning Glory 2057.01 - You Did What?

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2057.01 - You Did What?

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:30 am

Dateline: Monday, 7 November 2056, 2:03am EST, Chicago, IL

The room is in complete darkness except for the 70" television set that is currently airing an info-mercial for steak knives. The eternal sounds of Chicago can be heard in the distance, though their frequency and magnitude are quelled quite a bit at this hour. The 62-year old Rosarita is being awoken from her sleep by a faint song. As she wakes, the song gets louder, she realizes the familiarity of the tune - its her youngest son, her husband's namesake, Resurrection, calling.

She is completely awake now, her excitement taking over. As she reaches for the phone on the table next to her, she remembers seeing her son hit a home run in the bottom of the 7th to give the Oysters the 6-3 lead over the Kernels.

"Hello! Hello Res!! I'm sorry. I worked a 16-hour shift today so I could have tomorrow off. I just couldnt stay awake to the end. I saw your home run in the 7th. How did it go after that?"

Resurrection: "Momma! Momma, we did it!!"

Rosarita: "You did what?"

Resurrection: "We won! Just like Grandpa did, we beat the Kernels! We won the Brewster!!"

Ro: "Oh my God! My baby!!"

Re: "And Mom, you'll never believe it. I was the Series MVP!! They tied it up in the 9th, Thunder blew out his elbow but somehow managed to finish the inning. We had Scotty and Arty on base, 1 out, and I hit another one! I hit a 3-run dinger to win it 9-6!"

Ro: "You did what? Res, I'm sorry I missed it! You are amazing! I'm so, so sorry I missed it."

Re: "That's okay Momma. As much as you've done for me....if Mr. Golden thought my arbitration hearing was going to expensive before....Momma, I'm about to get paid! And I'm going to take care of you! You're never working again Momma! And, a nice big house in Florida and a nice big house here in Colorado so you never miss a game! I love it here and I really never want to leave. Dont tell the team though, cause, you know, I still want to get paid and all."

Ro: "Res, I cant wait. I love you so much. Congratulations! Now, go be with your team and celebrate!!"

Re: "I love you too Momma. Goodnight!"
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Re: The Morning Glory 2057.01 - You Did What?

Post by trmmilwwi » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:33 am

Pay that dude already and get that woman out of Chicago. It's not as nice as it was back in 2023.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

Re: The Morning Glory 2057.01 - You Did What?

Post by GoldenOne » Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:00 am

trmmilwwi wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:33 am
Pay that dude already and get that woman out of Chicago. It's not as nice as it was back in 2023.
Read the next article and you'll see that he is about to get paid!
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”