The Morning Glory 2054.07 - Dude, Where's My Ride?

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2054.07 - Dude, Where's My Ride?

Post by GoldenOne » Fri May 05, 2023 8:52 am

As the Rocky Mountain Oysters trickled out of the clubhouse following their 12-3 Game 7 loss to the Charm City Jimmies, emotions seemed mixed amongst the teammates. Some players seemed as if they had been crying, some looked like they could punch a hole in the wall. Either way, it was sure to be a quiet bus ride to the airport and an even quieter flight back to Colorado.

As each player boarded the bus, Oysters GM Brett Golden was there to give each player a handshake and what seemed like some "words of wisdom and encouragement."

With the last of the players on the bus, the Oysters coaches emerged from the Clubhouse to begin the long trek back home. GM Golden was seen taking Pitching Coach Mika'il bin Samman and Manager Júlio Chacón off to the side for what seemed like and extra pep talk.

However, as the coaches turned their back to the bus to speak with Golden, the bus doors were seen closing and the bus began to immediately pull away. With a look of shock and confusion on their faces, the coaches soon understood their predicament - "You're fired! Find your own way home, you dont work for the Oysters anymore!" were heard coming from GM Golden.

As Golden was headed to his own ride to the airport, he was asked for a comment on the situation.

"Yes, I fired both coaches. You were watching that game, right? As the game headed into the 8th inning, Julio puts in Shi. Sure, he's pitched outstanding for us during the playoffs. That's why he just got a 3-year extension. But, we also had the Onion (RP Anthony 'Onion' Jones), our Stopper, warmed up and ready as well. Anthony was rested, enough at least for a game 7 appearance. He's gone 3-1 with 4 saves and a 1.96 ERA in the playoffs this season. In 23 innings. Hell, its game 7! Bernie Stuart is 100% rested....USE HIM!

But, it wasnt just this game that got Julio fired. We went 27-29 the last two months of the season. We wont 95 games this season. We went 27-29 the last two months of the season!

And as for Mika'il...well, it wasnt working out. I'm not saying our bullpen was built to be super dominant, but our starting pitching is. But also, there is not way, no way our bullpen should be ranked 13th in the JL.

There's a couple of players that need to make a decision but we expect most of our team to be back next season. With a couple new additions to the coaching staff, we expect to be just as dominant and make that next step, that next round of the playoffs."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”