The Morning Glory 2054.05 - Oysters Fall Short

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2054.05 - Oysters Fall Short

Post by GoldenOne » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:18 pm

The Rocky Mountain Oysters stumbled in August and September and ended up falling one game short of the Frontier Division Championship. The Oysters were good enough however to make it as the #1 Wild Card in the Johnson League in the franchise's second time in its existence of making it to the playoffs.

While still setting a franchise record with 95 wins, one can only imagine what would have happened if the team had maintained their .642 winning percentage they saw during April-July. Instead, their August record of 14-15 and September record of 13-14, which included a 6-6 record in the final two weeks of the season, doomed the team to another second place finish behind the Mexico City Aztecs.

And while nobody likes to point fingers in this day and age, Oysters GM Brett Golden has had no such reservations since the season ended. Golden was quoted as saying, "Oh, this failure lies solely at the feet of our bullpen. I mean, in September the bullpen gave up 35 Earned Runs in their 72 innings pitched. I'll be encouraging Julio [Oysters Manager Julio Chacon] to ride the starting pitchers as long as he can. There's maybe 2-3 guys in the bullpen I would even trust at this point. If it wasnt for moving Anthony 'Onion' Jones into the Stopper position, we'd have lost a lot more games these last two months."
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”