The Morning Glory 2053.11 - PLAYOFFS!

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

GoldenOne
Ex-GM

The Morning Glory 2053.11 - PLAYOFFS!

Post by GoldenOne » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:00 pm

In the franchise's 19-year history, the Rocky Mountain Oysters (El Paso Chilis (2045-2052), Wichita Aviators (2035-2044)) have never made it to the playoffs. That is, until this season!

The 2053 Oysters finished the season at 94-68, 6 games behind the Division-winning Mexico City Aztecs. The franchise's previous high in wins was 84, back in 2050, where they finished 3rd in the division but still 33 games back. The closest a franchise team has ever been to potentially getting to the playoffs was in 2039 when the Aviators finished 5th in the division but a mere 15 games back of the winner.

As we've noted previously, first-year Oysters GM, Brett Golden, completed 13 trades since taking over in an effort to shape this team the way he built his recent playoff-run teams in Charlotte.

When asked to comment, Golden said "I've done what I could to get this team to resemble my Cougars teams. We were first in the JL in stolen bases, near the top in OBP, but we added some pop and a better SP staff. I wasnt expecting us to be where we are this season, more so next season, so to be in the playoffs this year...its exciting, and no matter how we finish, you can be sure we'll be back next season with an even stronger team."

Led by long-term Chilis/Oysters like 1B Robert Chenoweth, newer players like 3B Malik bin Mazin, rookies like CF Resurrection Santos III, and mid-season acquisditions like SP Bernie Stuart, this team is looking to make some noise in this year's playoffs.

Go Oysters!
Brett "The Brain" Golden
GM: Nashville Goats 2034-2039 (The Plan® was working when I left!)
GM: Charlotte Cougars 2040-2052
GM: Rocky Mountain Oysters 2053-2057
2056 BBA Champions!

"Tonight, we take over the world!"
-- The Brain

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”